Lipoma removal has left large indent in my arm. Normal? Is there anything to fix the large caved in area on my arm? (photo)

I had lipoma surgery 3 weeks ago, and it has left a huge caved in area on my upper left arm. The incision is about an inch and a half. The lipoma was 6x5x4. It had some fluid build up and the used a needle to drain last week. It looked a million times worse. It is so caved in and looks horrible. Any help or suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Been in tears over this.

During the acute healing after removal of lipoma one would expect to see a contour deformity.  Over time the body will remodel the tissues.  If one has a deformity after six months then further treatment may be performed.  I would recommend observation for my patients for at least 3-6 months.  Good luck.

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Lipoma removal has left large indent in my arm.

Thank you for sharing your photographs and questions and I am sorry to hear of your contour irregularity and seroma formation after lipoma removal.  Due to your recent procedure and complication the tissues of your upper arm are likely swollen causing a more significant contour irregularity than what will be long-term.  I know waiting is difficult but allow your results at least 3 months time to mature.  If a significant irregularity remains, fat grafting can be performed into the area to help improve upon the results.  Hang in there!