Abdominal lipoma (Photo)

I had a lipoma removed from my abdominal wall 3 ago and it doesn't seem to be healing very well. Should I go to my gp or do I need to give it more time. It is also still sore and red looking.

Healing abdominal wall lipoma

I am sorry you are having issues with your incision. It is hard to tell by your picture, but either the area is irritated, bruised or possibly infected with a cellulitis (redness of the skin due to bacteria). Is the wound draining? I would consult with the physician who removed the lipoma. You may need only wound care (wound cleansing and bandage changes) but you may need antibiotics. good luck and take care.

Abdominal lipoma

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  It does appear that you are having some incisional issues most likely related to the absorbable sutures placed under your skin.  They have become irritated much like a splinter works its way out of a finger.  I would see your surgeon to see if there is any suture material that can be clipped out to help stop your delayed healing.  Best wishes.