Will Kybella be a physician driven injection, or will it be available for certified RN injectors to do the injecting?

Kybella and Physician use

Kybella is currently only approved for physicians.  Because of the permanent nature of the injection I would hope that only board certified physicians who are trained by Allergan would be allowed to inject Kybella.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Injector

As of right now, Kybella injections can only be performed by a physician. It is possible that as the treatment becomes more widespread, it may become available through trained injectors, similar to BOTOX or dermal fillers. However, we recommend that your injections be performed by a qualified, Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive expertise of underlying facial structures to avoid the potential for nerve damage in the face and neck.

Gary Motykie, MD

Allergan -Trained Providers for KYBELLA Treatments

Kybella is an exciting new FDA- approved treatment for submental fullness, or double chin. Kybella (Deoxycholic Acid) is injected into the fat pad under the chin for permanent results. Often 2 or 3 treatments are needed to completely contour the chin and remove the unwanted fat.

Like any other  non-surgical treatment, a skillfully trained provider can determine if you are a candidate for Kybella vs other surgical neck procedures.  The procedure is safe and effects are evident even after one treatment!

#Kybellatreatments     #doublechin     #fatreductiontreatments

Skillfully Trained Injectors for Kybella

Kybella is an exciting new FDA- approved treatment for submental fullness, or double chin. A skillfully trained provider can determine if you are a candidate for Kybella vs other surgical neck procedures. Check the KYBELLA physician locator site for your area!

#Kybelladestroysfat    #Kybellafatinjections   #Kybellatreatments

Kybella must be administered by a physician

As of right now, Kybella can only be administered by a physician. In time, it seems likely that it will become available as a treatment that can be administered by trained injectors, like BOTOX or dermal fillers, but as of right now, that is not the case. It is critical that your Kybella injections be administered by a qualified, Board Certified plastic surgeon with the necessary expertise to minimize the risk of nerve damage.

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Kybella injectors

I am currently training other physicians how to use Kybella.  In the future, I think the state regulations will determine who will be able to administer Kybella.

Grant Stevens, MD

Kythera injectors

As a trainer for Kythera, I am being told that they are only targeting physicians at this point.  This may change as the market gains more experience with the product.

Kybella Injecting

As the product gains more visibility, you will see a push for mid-levels to begin injecting the product. In fact, I have heard that physician assistants are already injecting.

Sean Paul, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

At this time, Kybella injections are only available through a physician. Although eventually it will be available through any certified injectionist, we do not know when this change will occur. However, receiving your Kybella injections from a trained medical practitioner, preferably a plastic surgeon, with specialized and extensive knowledge of facial anatomy and nerve structure will always ensure a safer treatment and better results.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Currently, Kybella must be administered by a physician.In the future, it may become available through trained practitioners, similar to BOTOX or dermal filler injections, but it is impossible to predict when this might happen.However, it is preferable to receive your Kybella treatment from a plastic surgeon or physician who can mitigate risks and ensure optimal results.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon