Sexual intercourse after Vaser Lipo?

I am a male, considering getting VASER Lipo on upper & lower abdomen, flanks and chest - along with gynocomastia incision to remove breast tissue. How long after the procedure is it possible to have sexual intercourse?

Sex and VASER HI DEF 4D BODY CONTOURING

I have my patients who have extensive hi def done to wait 4 weeks before having any sexual experiences.  you will want to wait, you will be healing, sensitive and more focused on getting better than sex at that point.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Vaser Liposuction Recovery and Sex

Thank you for your question about Vaser Liposuction.

The answer to your question is probably about 2-4 weeks but this can vary depending upon how involved is your surgery.

To know what your recovery might look like, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Sex After Surgery

Regardless of sex/gender, waiting anywhere from 4-6 weeks is key to helping you get your best healing. If it helps, remember that 6 weeks is only a small amount of time compared to the rest of your life. You don't want to ruin your results and end up with a revision surgery that will keep you out for longer than 4-6 weeks. It may prudent to ask your surgeon this question, as s/he knows exactly what your surgery entailed! Wishing you a smooth recovery!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Sex after Vaser Hi Def Liposuction

Thank you for your time. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Following this a month after surgery you may gradually return to activities such or lifting, exercise and sex. This will help you avoid stress to your treated areas and allow time for you to heal and recover.

Sex after VASER

Thank you very much for your question.

Many factors can affect the healing time such as volume of Liposction, amount of ultrasound energy delivered, extension of the area, high definition, smoking, diet, level of fitness before surgery...and more.

I usually tell my patient that by 6 weeks they can be back to all their basic activities.

I hope you will find this useful.

With best regards,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo - No Sex for...?

I always tell my patients when asked about return to "activities of daily living," which would include driving, shopping, house chores, stairs, and sex - after Vaser (or any other) lipo - the same thing:  "Everyone heals and recovers at different rates.  Plan on one week, but most often, people can get back in the saddle much sooner, say, 3 or 4 days.  Listen to your body: if it hurts, don't do it.  Swelling can increase after any physical activity after Vaser lipo (or any other kind of liposuction), but it goes back down again too.  Swelling and physical activity will not damage your long-term results, provided you follow all other post-operative instructions.  Increase physical (and sexual) activity slowly and incrementally; be mentally prepared to stop if it hurts too much and don't push yourself too hard in the first few weeks."  I believe that if you follow this "common-sense" approach, you will recover quickly and find that you really will not miss out on much.  Best of luck!