Should I stop working out before Vaser lipo with fat transfer? Should I maintain or gain weight?

I am 5'5 118-123 lbs.My arm and leg muscle that I worked so hard for turned to fat after downtime from 2 BAs in one year.always been active 5-6x week and never had so much time off gym.Iwas chunky as a kid so my legs always been a struggle.Pretty muscular but I am tired of the struggle n regression after time off even with good diet.i am getting full body Vaser with FT to butt. Isn't it ideal to be at the wt you want to be or should I gain weight for a fuller butt? I am currently 22% BF.

Gain Weight Before Fat Transfer to Butt?

No, you should not stop working out. Keep your cardiovascular health in check. As we both know, people can workout and not lose weight, even gain weight, due to poor nutrition. You seem well-versed in balancing both. Keep your stable weight and let fat transfer due the work. You'll look better overall and not have to worry about losing the weight and therefore your butt after fat transfer. You don't want the disproportion of a chubby face or forearms, etc. compared to everywhere else that will be treated with liposuction if you choose to gain weight before your procedure. Best of luck.

Sacramento Physician

VASER weight prior to surgery

I generally recommend the patient come for surgery at a weight that has been stable for at least 6 months. Key is being able to maintain the results. If you have had significant recent weight gain and still gaining, you may continue to gain after. If You have had to diet outside your normal daily existence then that wight is not sustainable and will gain weight and be unsatisfied with your results 6-12 months later. If you have been able to maintain a weight for 6 months without extraordinary measures then it is reasonable to expect that your post-operable results will be sustainable.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Generally, I recommend for patients to be as close to ideal body weight as possible prior to Vaser. I suggest a formal consultation with a VASER HI DEF body shaping physician who can contour and shape while also using fat to lift and sculpt.  It is best to get your core muscles as toned as possible before a body shaping procedure.Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight gain

• Hello, and thank you for your question. As a general rule we would prefer our patient stay at or near there ideal body weight. There had been some studies have shown that patients put on some weight it may be advantageous if you're trying to graft several areas. I would recommend that you discuss this with your treating physician. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon