How soon after giving birth can I have Vaser Lipo on my neck/chin? (photos)

I am aged 36 and 31wks pregnant and looking to have vaser lipo on my long hated double chin as soon as I can as a well done for squeezing out my third (and last) human! At my age is elasticity an issue? (dont fancy a vagina neck) Its an inherited double chin and Ive had it forever so its definitely not pregnancy related.

#Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ #Liposuction/#Body Contouring with Fat Grafting/ #BBL

Best to wait 6 months to 1 year after you finish breast feeding before undergoing elective surgery.  This will give you time to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight as well as give your body adequate time to recover and heal.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction After Giving Birth?

First, wishing you a smooth rest of your pregnancy and delivery and an early congratulations! Well done indeed!

Elasticity should not be an issue unless you have had massive weight fluctuations. An evaluation in person would give a more educated assessment.

You may want to consider waiting 3-6 months after delivering your baby. This way your weight and hormones can stabilize. If you're breastfeeding at the time of your surgery, check with your baby's pediatrician to see how long you'd have to pump and dump before being able to breastfeed again as some of the medications administered for surgery and thereafter may pass into your breastmilk. 

Once again, good luck and congratulations!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Liposuction

Hello, and thank you for your questions. I would recommend that you wait approximately 3-6 months following delivery of your baby. This will allow your weight to stabilize. It will also allow some skin retraction if you have nonweight during the pregnancy. I would recommend that she discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in these procedures. 

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

You can get a neck procedure done immediately after giving birth depend on the procedure. If you are breast feeding you will have to discuss that with your physician and the medications you will be on.  Best, Dr. Emer.

VASER to Neck

Dear Amye180,
thank you very much for this question.
VASER is certainly an excellent solution to achieve skin contraction along with fat reduction.
36 is still an age where you can expect optimal skin contraction - in areas without stretch marks.
All this should of course be confirmed with a careful clinical assessment of your soft tissues - skin, fat and muscles of the neck.
In order to achieve the best possible result I would wait at least 3 months after your delivery or after breastfeeding.
Good luck:)

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon