Why won't my back rolls go away? (photo)

I got full back Lipo a year ago, go a revision on 4/13/16 so it will be 2 months. Did I just waste my money? I do not look good. I still look square and my back rolls are still huge. Especially when I wear a bra.

Back Fat After Liposuction

Back fat tends to be a bit more difficult to remove. Using ultrasound/Vaser to break up the fat in conjunction with power-assisted liposuction may give the best result. However, the first thing to do that will cost way less than surgery is to get a properly fitted bra. You should have your chest measured. That bra looks way too tight and even uncomfortable. Not everyone is a "36C" as advertising and folklore want us as women to believe. I find that many of my patients can alleviate some of their back fat problem by getting a bra extender or by just getting the correct size bra instead of trying to squeeze into some number. No one knows what size bra you're wearing except you, so it behooves you to get the correct size for you, regardless of the number.

Also, weight fluctuation and weight gain can stretch the skin causing loose skin. Loose skin is not treated with liposuction but with skin excision or cutting the skin off. If it's loose, hanging skin causing your skin folds and back rolls, a bra-line backlift may be the best procedure for you. Liposuction alone can decrease the volume, but will not get rid of folds from hanging skin.

At 2 months you're still healing. As there are no before pictures, it's impossible to tell what improvement there is if any. If you opt for more liposuction, I would recommend waiting at least 1 year so that the inflammation can settle down. Especially because you've had liposuction in that area already. It's much more difficult to extract fat from areas that have already been done because of scar tissue, especially in the area of the back. Avoiding weight gain and achieving a reasonable weight for your height will also help you look your best. Best of luck to you!

Sacramento Physician

Liposuction

Liposuction only removes the fatty tissue in the areas undergoing liposuction. Due to age and repeated weight loss the skin elasticity is weakened. Unfortunately, some patients do have relaxed skin after having the weight from the fatty tissue removed. Liposuction will not treat relaxed skin.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

Swelling take up to 3 months to resolve but if you are unhappy its likely you will need a revision procedure. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Why won't my back rolls go away?

There are very few expert lipo PSs that can obtain a flat back area. I offer aggressive superficial layered liposuction of the back rolls. But there is NEVER a guarantee! Fee $5,000