What is the Best Way to Treat Capsular Contracture at Home?

I would like to know if deep tissue massage regularly is the best way? using a massage machine that vibrates and pulsates at different levels regularly? or regularly laying down on the floor face down applying pressure on the implant with the Contracture to stretch it? or all 3 combined, also what about medicine? if so what? I appreciate any advice towards my question, thanks.

Misshapen breast after breast implant and capsular contracture

Capsules form around breast implants within days of their placement. The capsules are basically scar tissue that surrounds the implants. For a variety of reasons muscle like contractile cells can appear in the capsule wall. When they contract we see/feel a hard breast (capsular contracture) with variable degrees of surface outline distortion from the outside. The longer the contracture has been present the harder it is to treat and the more aggressive the treatment/surgery that is required. If the capsular contracture has only be present for a few days or weeks it may be amenable to non-surgical treatment such as deep massage. I have found endermologie (the combination of rollers and suction pressure applied to the skin surface) to be a good way to get the massage movement deep enough under the skin to stretch and soften the capsule.

I do not think you can get the same penetration of the massage using a vibrating or pulsating surface massager. Lying on the floor and pressing the breast/implants into the floor would not have the same effect on the capsule. Rapidly putting the breasts into the floor is more likley to tear the capsule and rupture the implant. Slowly doing so is not likely to work.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

What is the Best Way to Treat Capsular Contracture at Home?Answer:

It really depends on how long you have noticed it…If it is just starting, then I have had patients have success with alternating deep massage, laying on the floor face down, hands on breasts, and lifting your hips up off the ground so that all your weight is on your breast, and also laying face down on the kitchen counter and rocking on that breast…But this really only has some success if the CC is just starting! Once it has been there for over 4-6 months, probably not.

Treating Capsular Contracture

Thank you for the question.  The best way to treat a capsular contracture is to visit your surgeon and have him or her do a full evaluation since there are different degrees of this condition.  Medical advice and instructions would be best to come from your surgeon alone.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Treating Capsular Contracture

See your surgeon first

You need to see your surgeon to determine what you can do to help treat capsular contracture. It is important that they give you this advice since you may make your condition worse if what you do is done improperly. Best of luck.

See your surgeon first

What can I do at home to help with capsular contracture?

In most cases surgical intervention will be needed in patients who develop capsular contracture.  Singulair, breast message and Vit E can be used but likely have very little effect. Time likely will either help relax the capsule somewhat or keep it relatively unchanged.  Follow up closely with your surgeon, but be prepared for possible surgical intervention if things are not better between 6-9 months. Good Luck.

No effective home remedies for capsular contracture

Unfortunately there are no proven effective treatments that you can do to either prevent or treat capsular contracture on your own. Though some doctors recommend massage, there is absolutely no scientific evidence that it helps prevent contractures. See your plastic surgeon, who is in the best position to evaluate and treat.

Capsular Contracture Management

Capsular contracture is a problem related to breast augmentation that occurs when the breast implant is deformed from the capsule that is progressively shrinking. We do not know why or how this happens. However there are several things you can do to treat it. Massage is usually recommended immediately following the surgery and can be continued for months to years. Home massage, however will not likely make a difference if the capsule is already significant or contracted. Occasionally, physicians will try Singulair medicine as an "off label" used to help soften the capsule, but this does not necessarily work in every patient. Finally surgery is an option to correct this by removing the capsule entirely or releasing it in areas to accommodate the implant.

Vincent Marin, MD

Capsular Contracture Management

Vincent Marin, MD

Home remedy for capsular contracture?

Have you seen your original surgeon to confirm this diagnosis?  I would start there.  There is nothing you can do to treat established capsular contracture at home.  Overly aggressive pressure maneuvers may cause damage to your implants.  Fortunately or unfortunately surgery for correction is the best option.  Get seen by a Plastic surgeon sooner than later,  Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Home remedy for capsular contracture?

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Home remedy for capsular contracture

Once a capsule has firmly formed around a breast implant there is very little that can be done at home to solve the problem. You can massage and lay on your stomach to try to soften the implant, but there is nothing to recommend that gives results.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd

Home remedy for capsular contracture

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd

Treating Capsular Contracture

#Capsular #Contraction is the scar tissue that forms around the implant is a natural response to a foreign object implanted in the body. The capsule can tighten and squeeze the implant making it firm. This is referred to as capsular contracture. This #firmness (breast capsule) can range from slight to very hard. The firmest ones can cause varying degrees of discomfort or pain. Capsular contracture can occur in one breast or both. Those experiencing this are candidates for Breast #Revision Surgery. An implant revision or exchange intends to replace the damaged #implants with new silicone or saline filled implants with newer technology. Secondary breast surgery can be #complex and needs to be done by an experienced plastic surgeon. The specific procedure to be performed will depend on the complications experienced and the condition of the implants.

Treating Capsular Contracture