What is the average price for breast implants in Southern California?

Costs for an augmentation

will vary and when you contact doctor's offices, you must get the TOTAL all-inclusive costs that include the implants, surgeon fees, anesthesia, and facility fees.  Only with this can you compare costs in trying to decide on where to go.  But with augmentation, experience does help a lot so lean towards experienced over just out of a program... sorry neophytes but this is true.

Breast implants cost

The cost of breast augmentation can range between 5K to 10k depending on whether you have asymmetry or if you need a breast lift.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast augmentation

Cost for a breast augmentation varies based on the location and surgeon but I can tell you that the average RealSelf cost of a breast augmentation is between $6,000-$7,000. To have an exact estimate written up for you I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have this done. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Price Shopping Plastic Surgery

Here in the wild west of SoCal, we have hundreds of doctors of various levels of skill and training performing breast augmentation. So if you're lucky, you'll probably find someone who did a residency in Emergency medicine who dropped out to do 'cosmetics', offering a $3500 special on breast augmentation. On the other hand, if you prefer to be safe, you'll only look for surgeons certified by the ABPS who are also members of the ASAPS who've spent a decade or more specializing in breast surgery. A busy surgeon like this probably charges between $8K to $10K for the surgery.  Beware of the free consultation too. Busy surgeons with knowledge, skill, and experience don't give their time or educate you for free. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Cost of breast augmentation

Hi and  thank you for the question. This is a difficult one to answer, because without seeing you, nobody in this form can tell exactly what you would need. Some patients  require a simple augmentation, while others may require a complicated lift together with an augmentation. There are also a variety of implants that can be used. Saline implants are really chilly and expensive. Traditional round silicone implants cost more, and the highly cohesive  silicone implants cost on average twice what a traditional supplement that goes for. There's also a big range of pricing with regards to surgical fees, Anastasia fees, and facility fees. My suggestion to you would not be to make your decision based on price alone. Find a competent board-certified plastic surgeon Who is known for doing good breast work. Spent some time looking through photo galleries of before and after photos. Go on some consultations and find a surgeon that you like and trust.  The price is obviously something to consider. But I would caution you against going for the lowest cost surgeon. Remember, as in the rest of life, you get what you pay for. Good luck to you. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cost

Thank you for the question and the best way to get the best price with the best surgeon is to go on complimentary consultations with experts in your area and compare experience, recommendations, photos and fees.  Most surgeons will be competitive to gain you as a patient

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Augmentation - Cost?

Thank you for your question. It is worth having multiple consultations to evaluate cost variation among surgeons in your area.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon based upon experience and the results he or she can deliver, not just on cost alone. Many practices offer financing plans to lessen the upfront cost. Hope this helps and good luck with your procedure.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities". Of course, careful evaluation of the photographs (including factors such as time out of surgery and initial anatomic starting point) will be important as patients evaluate before/after photographs.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Make sure you have your priorities straight.

I've been answering this question for a long time.  Unfortunately, it is a lot like asking how much a hotel room in LA costs.

Call around to doctors that have worked on your friends and family.  See who comes recommended, and then go in for a consultation.   At that point you can consider the costs.  There is usually a big variation in fees, so expect a wide range.

Another good rule of thumb is to understand that these procedures cost more in certain parts of the country than in others.  For instance, in California and New York, you might pay anywhere from $8000 to $12000 for breast implants, but in less populated areas where the cost of living is lower, such as where I live in Utah, you would normally see fees for a breast augmentation around $4000 to $6000.