450cc gummy bear implants, under muscle, med profile with no lift. Is this a good plan? (Photo)

I am currently a 36B/C size bra. I am 5'11". I would like to be 36D/DD. I am scheduled for upcoming surgery but nerves and fickleness are getting the better of me. My current plan is to get 450cc gummy bear style implants under muscle, med profile with no lift. Do you have any input or suggestions regarding this plan? I will add current pucs and my "wish pic". Thanks in advance!

450cc gummy bear implants, under muscle, med profile with no lift. Is this a good plan

With your anatomy, your implants will likely be partially under the muscle. An implant in that location, using your nipple as the center of the new breast mound will leave your breast larger but somewhat saggy, so you need to be willing to accept that if you do not have a lift. 

Breast implants

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures you should have a great result with an augmentation.  Implant size should be based on the measurements of your breast.  In addition your goals should be discussed with your surgeon.  Trying on sizers and the use of goal pictures can be useful in selecting the right implant.  Best of luck.  

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

How will I look with 450cc implants

Hi  and thank you for the question. based on the photos you sent You appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Your nipples are well-positioned, therefore a lift is not needed. 450 mL should fit your frame well. Gummy bear implants certainly have some advantages, but you should be able to get an excellent result with traditional silicone implants as well. That's a conversation I imagine you have already had with your surgeon.

I think the only way in which I might be able to offer some help would be to suggest considering finding a practice that uses the Vectra 3-D imaging system. We use this software to generate a three dimensional image of your body. We can then show you what you would look like with any size or style implant on the market. Although it does not give an exact representation of what your result will look like, it is, in my opinion, the best tool we have to show you what you will look like after your surgery. Good luck to you. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

BA plan

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you are a good candidate for breast augmentation. Size of the implant depending on your breast measurements and your goal. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

450cc gummy bear implants, under muscle, med profile with no lift. Is this a good plan?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo you should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.  Fortunately based on your photo I do not believe you need a breast lift. The size of implant should be determined by a measurement of the base width of your breast which should be measured by your surgeon.

to learn more about breast implant sizing please read the link below:

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.