2 weeks after gynecomatsia surgery, my left breast is enlarged, and turned dark. Is this normal or something to worry about?

I have done gynecomatsia surgery for both sides and it's exactly 2 weeks for today. Problem is right side seems to be completely normal but left side is enlarged, turned dark and feels very hard. I noticed this after 3 days of surgery and consulted my surgen. He said it's probably blood and fluid accumulation and removed it using a syringe. Then asked me to come again if it continues and i visited him 4 days ago as it continues. This time he squeezed hard and try to remove it. Now also it hurts.

Two weeks after gynecomastia surgery, my left breast is enlarged.

Hello, and thank you for your question. It sounds like you have a resolving hematoma on your left side. A hematoma is caused by an injury to the wall of a blood vessel that causes blood to seep out of the blood vessel and into the surrounding tissue. It usually is a mass of clotted tissue. It causes significant swelling and a moderate degree of pain. The treatment is to stick a needle into it and try and remove the blood, which also relieves the pain and pressure. If the blood is too thick, in the form of a clot or an older bleed it has the consistency of "jello" and is too thick to remove just by inserting a syringe and trying to withdraw. In this case you may need to have a surgical procedure to dilute the clot and/or evacuate it. I tell my patients after surgery to refrain from any activity that can raise your blood pressure such as working out, walking a dog ( if they are strong and pull you) for it least two weeks as this can open up a blood vessel after surgery. Continue to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck. 

Male breast surgery

post surgery male breast surgery can have bleeding within the surgical site
you had a bleed on one side and your doctor tried to remove the hematoma
it is usually painful
if it continues to swell up , it is likely you might need more surgery to remove the blood clots 

Kimit Rai, MD, FRCS(C)
Surrey Plastic Surgeon

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery.  Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

It is difficult to determine without an assessment. I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Take care.

Without photos or exam it is not possible to know.  However, is sounds like you may have a hematoma, which is a recognized potential complication.  If properly managed, it is probably not too serious.  There are various ways to deal with this complication, depending on the situation.  These options include waiting for it to resolve, aspirating it, or reoperating to evacuate it, or possibly liposuctioning it.  You need to consult with your surgeon.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Post Gynecomastia Hematoma

Without photos or an exam it is nearly impossible to give you the best opinion. From your history it sounds like a hematoma. Follow your surgeon's advice and have regular follow up visits.