How long after inverted nipple correction surgery will my nipples stop feeling tingly all the time?

I had bilateral inverted nipple correction surgery 2 days ago, both nipples were grade 3 with little to no sensitivity. Ever since the surgery my nipples feel like they're constantly being stimulated. It's not painful, just strangely tingly and while it wasn't that bad to start with, after a while it's quite frustrating. How long does this tend to last?

The tingly feeling accompanied by bruising, swelling and intermittent shooting pains are expected to be experienced for a few weeks depending on how fast your body can heal. usually it takes around six weeks for the bruising and swelling to subside.

London Plastic Surgeon

Tingly Sensation After Nipple Inversion Surgery

Thanks for your question.  It is nothing to worry about and is quite common to have these sensations due to nerves being irritated, stretched or cut during surgery.  It usually resolves in a month or so, but it is different for everyone.  Patience is your best friend.  Best of luck in your recovery.

Anna I. Wooten, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sensitivity

It's not unusual to have abnormal sensations after nipple surgery due to nerves being cut, stretched, or irritated. These sensations will most often get better with time, but how long it takes will be unpredictable. It may take a month or possibly longer. 

Mark Sisco, MD
Northbrook Plastic Surgeon