How Soon After a Brazilian Butt Lift Can a Person Have Sex?

Sex After The Brazilian Butt Lift

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

This is a very common question. I always ask my patients to wait 4-6 weeks before engaging in sexual activity. Your operating surgeon will know your body best and will be able to give you the most specific guidance.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

When can I have sex after brazilian butt lift

Every surgeon will have a different recommendation.  This is mainly dependent on you, it depends on when you feel comfortable, and when the swelling has gone down.  In most instances, it is best to wait for about 4 weeks.

Dennis Dass, MD

When is sex okay after Brazilian Butt Lift?

Hi there-

I ask my patients to refrain from sexual activity for 4 weeks after surgery, in order to allow the fatty tissue grafted to "take", for swelling to subside, and for you to become comfortable.

Please read more about your options here: 

Sex After A Brazilian Butt Lift?

Thank you for your question! I typically say wait to have sex 6 weeks after your surgery.  You don't want to risk loosing the fat injected u putting pressure on the buttocks.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Chicago
Hoffman Estates 
Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex After The Brazilian Butt Lift

After a BBL surgery asked patients to wait 4-6 weeks to engage in sexual activity.

Every surgeon has their own recommendations so check with your surgeon for specific recommendations.

Sex after surgery

Your surgeon can provide you with this information. On the safe side, I recommend that you refrain for at least a month if your recovery is normal. .

Ronald Levine, MD

When Is Sex Permitted Post BBL

A lot depends on the number of liposuction areas and amount removed. Typically I tell my patients to wait about a month for sex for most.

#bbl
#bblrecovery

Conservatively speaking, about 4 weeks after surgery. In some instances starting earlier is acceptable but some positions can be uncomfortable and may apply to much pressure on the transferred fat. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Sex after brazilian butt lift.

This is a question that every surgeon will have a different answer for. I recommend patients to wait until they feel comfortable post surgery to have sex.

Jaime Perez, MD

Sex after a Brazilian butt lift surgery

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and grafting this fat to the gluteal (butt) region. This is a safe and great way to create a tight waist and abdomen and a full, beautiful bottom.

Many of our patients ask us how soon after having received a Brazilian butt lift can a person safely have sex. We ask that the patients avoid placing pressure onto their butts for at least two weeks after surgery. During these two weeks, we have patients sleep on their side or facedown. Patients will also have swelling in some bruising during this period of time. For this reason, we ask that patients abstain from intercourse and at least two to three weeks after their surgery.