Implants are bigger than expected!

I am only one day post op but know my implants feel far larger than I wanted. I agreed with my surgeon I would like to achieve a D/DD at the very most with a 335cc round textured Implant. I strongly wanted to go under the muscle, but he was very forceful that I should go above to acheive a more natural look. As it is I feel they have that fake look and looks like I am measuring a 32F. What do I do?! i can't afford to pay more on revision surgery but am really unhappy with results. Please help!

Implants are bigger than expected after one day post op

I would strongly suggest that you hold any opinions about your size until at least 6 weeks post operatively. Today and tomorrow are your worst days for swelling. Worrying will not speed up mother nature. Trust your plastic surgeon. You did not have very large implants at 335 cc.

Bigger than expected

I have occasionally had patients very early after their surgery express concerns about their size.  I've even had a patient crying in the recovery room upon waking.  It's an emotional time during the early recovery for many.  At one day post-op you very likely have swelling and tightness and a high position of the implant which can make the breast appear larger.  The best advice I can give is to give this some time.  The swelling will eventually resolve in the following weeks and the high tight positioning of the implant will improve as the tissues stretch to accommodate the new shape of the implant.  Most likely you will find that as you adjust to your new look you will be very pleased with the size and shape.  The truth is, you have to give it several weeks, and even several months before you can pass a judgement on the size and overall result.  Take a deep breath and be patient.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns and Best Wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Implants are bigger than expected!

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery. Given that you are very fresh out of surgery, it is quite likely that you are experiencing significant “emotional ups and downs” unnecessarily. 
You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change over the course of the next several weeks/months.    Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Breast augmentation

At one day post-op you are way too early in the healing process to see the final result.  You are likely very swollen. 

Concerns about Implants

Dear lordow, 
You are only 1 day post op, don't worry about how they look right now.  You are swollen and they always look too perky and "fake" this close to surgery. As the swelling decreases you will notice them dropping and they should appear to look much more natural. It usually takes patients about a month for the implant to feel less alien and more like their own. Be patient. If you are still concerned when you are 6 months to a year out, then you can start to think about a revision. Good luck!

Postop Day 1

First of all, you are swollen.  Also, I tell people that there is a "getting to know you" period with the implants and that there will be a few "Oh, shucks" moments in the first few weeks.  The vast majority of people feel by 2-3 months that these are their God-given breasts.  
So we don't know what will happen with you, but it is pretty early to try and make any judgements about your results.
Good Luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Revision

wait Wait at least 6 weeks for swelling to resolve and discuss concerns after that with your plastic surgeon. Down sizing and Submuscular placement may be option 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS