Why are my nipples uneven and my left breast is bigger than my right - a larger implant was inserted to even them out. (photos)

I'm 5 weeks post op and my left breast is incredibly larger and has a raised nipple that is shifted and pointed outward. There is 210 on left and supposedly 230 on the right.My nipples were even before surgery.My doctor was so rude to me with my concern. She told me, "let's just take them out." She immediately went to that dramatic and sarcastic route of remedy. Her final excuse was my skin hasn't stretched on the right to let the implant enlarge to allow the nipple to rise.Is this true?

Asymmetrical Concern Following Breast Implant Revision

Breast #revision surgery is more difficult, complicated, and requires more time than primary surgery. Capsular contracture may recur regardless of surgeries being performed at this time and may require additional surgeries. There is as much as a 40% chance!!! that additional surgery will be needed following this operation. Also, any asymmetries regarding the folds under your breasts will not be totally corrected. 

Being it's only 3 weeks after your revision, it's best to wait and see if it will improve. After all, #asymmetry following any breast procedure is not at all uncommon. Each #breast heals at a different pace than one another. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they should be more similar and natural. 

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may also require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. (#Textured implants do not require breast massage.) Meantime, you must have patience. However, if there are any causes of concern, ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. 

Why are my nipples uneven and my left breast is bigger than my right - a larger implant was inserted to even them out.

Thank you for your question.   I agree that you have significant asymmetry at this time.   I would recommend trying to be patient and allow the healing to take place.   It can take anywhere from 3-6 months after surgery for swelling and shape changes to resolve.   

I also recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon again and be honest about her comments.  She may have a different approach on a different day.   

Jeffrey Antimarino, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

Yes, I see what you are upset with. But, I would still give it more time for the other to settle.  It would be nice to see your preops.  You might eventually need an implant adjustment.