Will going from 200cc implant to 275cc be a noticeable change?

I recently had a BA. At the time my PS said he could only fit 200 cc. When I discussed a revision, I told him I want to go up to 350 cc. He kept pushing only 75 cc, and he can't even guarantee that I could get extra 75 cc. Will 75cc even be noticeable? I still can't get over how sooooo many woman in here get these large implants, and say they are so happy, no problems, and I'm much larger than these same women, and I'm struggling just to get what I want, which is really 350cc.

Larger Implant Size

An increase in only 75cc is very minimal and not all that significant.  If you would like to be larger, I would recommend an increase in implant size by at least 150-200 or greater.  I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

100 to 150 cc increase to see implant size change

As a rule of thumb and depending on the size of the breast, you need to have a 100 to 150 cc size increase (or decrease) to see any size change.  Depending upon the chest, there may not be enough room for a significant change and then the choice is accept a lesser improvement or do  not do an operation.

Mark D. Wigod, MD
Boise Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

Thank you for your question. In general, for you to notice a difference you would need at least 100cc increase in size. You would need a consultation to discuss your options, one option would be if you have seen implants to deflate preoperatively under local anesthesia for proper 3-D simulation and sizing.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and size

Thanks for your question.

Sorry you are unhappy with your presnt size.  200cc's are small implants but of course it depends on what you started with and the size of your rib cage.  Increasing by 75cc's willnot usually improve your appearance.  When women are unhappy with their current implants, I use at least a 100-150cc larger implant to obtain the look they desire.  

I would have to examine you to see if your skin has stretched and if your breast pocket can accomodate the new larger implants.

Best of luck with your decision.

Dr. T

Implant size

I think that in order to give you an opinion about what might be reasonable for you, you would need to be seen in person.  Best of luck.

Implants

Wait at least 6 months then put in the 350s. 75 cc will make no difference at all. Your skin will stretch over time.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Going larger

More information would be useful but occasionally there are simply anatomical limits in placing the implants.  I would reevaluate in six months as I would expect there to be changes in the interim.  One always has to weigh the surgical risks and morbidities against the desire for removal and replacement of implants.  It is possible that after more settling down has occurred, you may be able to have implants closer to the size you desire. 

Change in implant size

Whether a 75 cc change is apparent, really depends on your frame and width of your chest.  I think it is important to discuss your goals with your surgeon - and determine why he/she might feel strongly about not placing a 350cc implant.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

WHAT IS A NOTICEABLE CHANGE

If you cannot increase at least 100cc do not even waste your time .
It is not worth It . 
remember 
280cc is one cup size 
Your eye will only recognize increments of 100cc minimum 
Good Luck 
Dr Shamoun 

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will Going From 200ccs to 275ccs Make A Noticeable Difference?

The answer to your question depends on dimensions of your chest, the base width/diameter of each side of your chest, and the style implant from moderate to extra high.  Without this information and photographs from multiple angles, no RealSelf plastic surgery expert can give you a definitive answer.

In your narrative, you stated that you are much larger than some of the other women depicted on RealSelf.  From that, I deduce that you are not petite.  I truly understand your frustration at having both a larger chest and smaller base width on your existing breasts. 

Obviously, your plastic surgeon did a good job on the augmentation that you are now wanting to enlarge.  You may want to speak to him or her about the possibility of having an intermediate step where you put in a tissue expander which will increase the size of the pocket and allow your plastic surgeon to put in, safely, a larger implant. 

This tissue expander is not inexpensive and is also time consuming.  However, it gives you another talking point to discuss with your Board Certified plastic surgeon.