How long do you have to stay off your butt after receiving a Brazilian butt lift?

BBL and staying off the butt

Hello and thank you for your question. 
The first 2-3 weeks is typically when your plastic surgeon will recommend you vastly limit sitting throughout the day and laying on your back at night. The transferred fat cells are delicate when first inserted and need these two weeks for the blood supply in the tissues to connect with the new fat cells. Typically in the first two weeks we limit sitting to one-hour intervals in order to keep the pressure as low as possible on the fat grafted areas. We also suggest using a donut shaped pillow when seated to limit pressure and to sleep either on your sides or preferably your stomach for the first 2 to 3 weeks as well. If these directions are not followed then dead fat cells caused by too much pressure can occur. These dead cells can be what produce a flat butt or lack of contour which patients want to avoid. If directions given by your plastic surgeon (he/she should give you lots of information) are followed then desired results will be achieved. 

Best wishes

Post BBL

Hi and thanks for the question. I have my patients sit on a memory foam pillow for limited amounts of time right after surgery. This can vary depending on the surgeon so check with your PS first. Best of Luck -Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks is ideal

Most surgeons would prefer that you not sit for 6 weeks after a BBL.  For the first two weeks there should be no sitting at all and after that you can sit for short periods on a pillow on your thighs so that there is no pressure on your buttocks and the pressure is on your thighs.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Recovery & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. Each surgeon has a slightly different protocol.  In my practice, I do not want you to sit on your butt at all (Except when utilizing the restroom) for 1 week.  Then you can utilize a pressure off-loading device (i.e. Booty Buddy).  After 4 weeks there are no more sitting restrictions.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Brazilian butt lift aftercare.

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. Postoperatively, no specific position is indicated and we do not have any sitting restrictions. I consider that the pressure caused by sitting is not sufficient to affect viability of the fat cells and so the postsurgical position depends basically on comfort and any other operations that have been performed. Best is to check with your chosen surgeon. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon