Beard transplant: Why are hairs on my beard/moustache turning blonde and getting thin?

I seem to be loosing density in my beard, also can I get a beard transplant from pubic region transplanted to my beard? I have been on propecia for two years. Is this why?

You can theoretically harvest donor hair from your pubic area for a facial hair transplant.

You can theoretically harvest donor hair from your pubic area for a facial hair transplant.  It is unclear why your hair is turning blond.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard transplant

losing density in the beard is a result of genetics and could possibly be a sign of alopecia areata. the hair is likely turning blonde due to genetics as well. for a facial hair transplant, using scalp hair is the best and most natural result, but you can also consider using body hair as long as the texture and quality of that hair matches your beard.

Craig L. Ziering, DO
West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard transplant

Your beard may turn to blonde under exposure of sun .We dont observe lack of density of beard after propecia use ..you may use scalp , chest or other body hair as a donor for beard restoration.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Beard Hair

Most changes in hair color/density/caliber over time are the result of family genetics.  Yes, one can use pubic hair for hair restoration to the beard.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairs in the beard turning blonde

I can't tell why your beard is turning blonde. Do you have blonde hair as well?  Yes, you can use pubic hair as a source for beard hair,. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon