Two Weeks Post Beard Transplant

Its been exact two weeks since I got the beard transplant done with 1500 grafts. The donor area is almost normal and I have started moderate exercise like 30 mins brisk walking from today. Theres no shedding yet and I have started using regular face wash as well. There is some kind of numbness in the region and when I touch it doesn't feel as smooth as before and there are very tiny dark spots. Is it normal? Also is sun exposure fine now? Want a general judgement from the experienced docs here

Numbness may be normal after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor for a recheck.

Numbness may be normal after surgery.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor for a recheck.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Two Weeks Post Beard Transplant

After the operation you will have bandages on your donor area which will be removed at the 3rd postoperative day. You will be advised some products that you have to use after the operation. Your newly transplanted hairs will start to fall after the 3rd week which is a natural process after the hair transplantation. The new hairs will start to grow at the 3rd month and the complete results will be seen in 9 months of period.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after beard transplant

You are still in the recovering mode. Sensation changes should disappear in 1-3 more weeks as well as any skin changes

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon