No beard on my face at the age of 27. What should I do?

Sir my age is 27 years and i dont have beard on my face. Though i am taking treatment from homeopathy from last 8-9 months and the result is mostache has grown but only few hairs came on my face in last 8 months.So suggest what should i do next???

No beard hair

Your best bet is to have a formal consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who has experience with facial hair. Homeopathy is unlikely to help.

Chicago Physician

Beard hair is a genetic trait similar to the color of your eyes and hair. Some people are born with

Beard hair is a genetic trait similar to the color of your eyes and hair.  Some people are born with the genes for no facial hair.  Homeopathy will not likely grow a beard.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard Transplant Age

You may have to wait for facial hair to grow. Check with other males in your family and see when their beard developed. Most patients I encourage to wait till around 30 years of age. 

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard at 27

You should get your testosterone checked and see if your levels are normal. Ask your dad when his beard showed up, and if he was late like you, then consider it genetic

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Greetings

Thank you for your question. You can consıder doıng a beard transplantation this should be the best solution for you.  

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How can I grow a beard?

You could try applying minoxidil to your face.  You could also transplant hair from your scalp to your face.  Your donor supply is limited, however.  You may prefer to use this hair to restore the hair on your head if you have hair loss.  Do you have any family history of hair loss?  If not, the procedure of restoring a beard might carry less risk of depleting your donor supply should you lose your hair on the top of your head.  Beard restoration actually works quite well with the proper physician.  

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon