How to fix lip eversion/incompetence? (photos)

I had a lip pulling problem as a child which resulted in my lower lip being puffy and turned outwards. I basically feel like my lips are in a permanent pout. I haven't seen any problems like mine online, most people either have too large lips or jaw problems leading to lip incompetence. My issue is that the lip itself got pulled out and down due to repeated trauma. Is this in the domain of a plastic surgeon to fix? If not are there other options?

Wanted: smaller lip

Thank you for your picture.  A lip reduction could be very effective, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your options that would best reach your goals.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Incompetence?

Thank you for submitting your photos.  From what can be seen, it appears that you do not have lip incompetence but you do have a large lower lip.  A lip reduction may be the ideal procedure for you but it is hard to tell without seeing you in person.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

How to fix lower lip eversion?

Hi there, it looks like from your picture you may benefit from a conservative lower lip reduction.  This is done with the incision hidden inside the lower lip and can be designed to pull the vermillion back up to decrease the amount of lip eversion.  Good luck in your search!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to fix lip eversion/incompetence?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend seeing a series of board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to examine your lower lip and assess the best treatment option, likely lip reduction, to help with your eversion.  Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Your post suggests that you are in the market for a lip reduction. This is certainly within the domain of a facial plastic surgery so I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon with plenty of experience with this procedure.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips

Yes, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your options. A lip reduction could be very effective.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon