Is there a way to make my mouth/smile wider? (Photos)

I have a very small mouth, only 5 cm across when at rest. I have read 7cm is average. My full smile only stretches 6.5cm. The width from my first molars across is also 5cm (from lateral sides of both teeth), so quite a narrow maxillary arch as well. When I smile fully the corners of my mouth kind of jut into my cheeks and it looks forced and awkward. Is this anything I can do to change my smile? Thank you in advice for any advice!

Is there a way to make my mouth/smile wider?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  The width of the mouth and lips is set by the corners of the mouth, and unfortunately there is no reliable way to lengthen this distance and leave a natural appearance and contour.  That said you do have an attractive smile that does not look forced or awkward.  Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. A corner lip lift has the potential to provide you with the aesthetic appearance you desire. A combination of direct lip lift/subnasal lip lift can provide phenomenal results, and the application of the surgery of course depends on the patient's natural lip shape. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon