How to fix protruding mouth? (photos)

I'm interested in what it would involve to fix my mouth area. As shown in the pictures, my mouth protrudes quite a bit, mostly the upper lip portion. I have a very mild overbite and no overjet. The black-and-white picture is an example of a more pleasing mouth area - it is flat. Thank you for your time

Doctor Answers 4

Protruding Mouth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your pictures and inquiry. Looking at your profile I would
recommend having a Non-Surgical Chin Augmentation where
would inject a small amount of filler
Voluma or Radiesse)
into precise
points of
your chin area, building up the chin and bringing your profile into
Doing this
will make your upper lip look less projected. Results of this
non-surgical procedure are precise because the injector can expand only the
areas that are absolutely necessary for the optimal cosmetic result without the
pain, risk, and recovery time involved with surgical chin implants.
You are a
good candidate for filler injection into the chin because you do not need alot
of projection.Fillers
Juvederm can also be added it the bottom lip to add symmetry between the
bottom and top lip.

Lip Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. There are a few different approaches to a protruding mouth. Lip reduction as well as chin implants have a similar effect in creating a reduced appearance for the lower face. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination.

Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 123 reviews

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Fillers, implants, sculptra, fat injections, botox on jawline and chin can all be used to change facial proportions. I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your face and its needs. Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

How to fix protruding mouth?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photographs.  Depending on your desired appearance there are options to "flatten" your lips and chin region as I believe your upper lip appearance is based on your upper jaw bone position.  I would recommend using dermal fillers to augment the size of your lower lip as well as your chin and chin point to help bring them forward more prominently.  This is a safe and predictable and reversible treatment.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon with your specific desired aesthetic improvements.  Best wishes. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.