I have too many lines on my lips and my lip looks like old lady's lips even though I'm only 24 years old? (Photo)

Whenever i put on lipsticks, they just look horrific. What kind of treatment should i have to make my lips smoother without lines on it ? I've attached the picture of my lips with a lipsticks one. it's horrible !

Your lip lines may improve with hydration.

There are several options to help reduce the lines on your lips. Before seeking out lip fillers, it may be worthwhile for you to try lip moisturizers with SPF, in order to better hydrate your skin, protect from that California sun and minimize some of your lines. If moisturizer alone does not provide you with the solution you’d like, I recommend a very conservative amount of filler which can help to hydrate your lips without impacting size, because your lips have a beautiful natural shape and are already quite voluminous. If you get lip injections, it’s important to only work with a certified, experienced injector. Best of luck to you.

New York General Surgeon

Too many lines on lip

Hi there, thanks for your question and sharing your photo.  Please note that it si normal for the red lip mucosa to have some lines.  I agree that your red lip appears slightly deflated and may benefit from a bit of hyaluronic acid filler.  This is something I do routinely via a blunt cannula to fill the red lips and decrease some of the lip mucosal wrinkling.  Hope this helps!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement

Thank you for your question. Wrinkling lips may cause patients to feel older than they really appear. Fortunately, lip augmentation is available to give you fuller, younger, sensual looking lips and to help improve your confidence. You are a perfect candidate for fat injections, that offer the only natural method for potential permanent results. Also consider the direct, subnasal and corner lip lifts. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have too many lines on my lips and my lips look like an old lady's

Thank you for your question. You have a beautifully shape and volume to your upper and lower lips and I would recommend only enhancing their definition using a thin hyaluronic acid like Restylane silk to smooth these lip wrinkles.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results.

Lip Wrinkles -- Fillers, Lasers, PRP, Medical Tattooing -- Keep Moisturized!

There are many options for lip wrinkles.  My patients love restylane silk with fraxel or viva treatments and PRP.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip wrinkles

I would usually recommend lip fillers for what you are describing, however you already have beautiful full lips with great shape, and I think you may end up compromising that attribute in order to improve the wrinkled look.
I would suggest you try various types of topical lip moisturizers and makeup to hydrate the skin on your lips maximally, and mask any residual wrinkled appearance. Good luck

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

Lip wrinkles

Thank you for your photo. You have a great shape and volume to your lips. Your lips can still be carefully injected with a small amount of hyaluronic acid filler to minimize any overall changes, but make them slightly more full and give them a more hydrated appearance. This will help fill in and smooth the wrinkles. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip treatment

Hello. Your lips appear to have very good shape, definition and volume. However they would benefit from very subtle plumping to increase the hydration.
My preference would be a light hyaluronic acid filler injected superficially. This will plump out the lines without changing the overall shape.
I like to use a product called Volbella which will be available in the USA in the next few weeks. Belotero would be an alternative.

Tapan Patel, MBBS
London Physician