Borderline lift, augmentation only? (photo)

I spoke with a PS recently and was told I was borderline lift. I'd rather not have that if I could get a good result from just an augmentation. My band size is 36. I'm 25, 2 kids, 5'5" 150 lbs. Would there be an ideal implant that would achieve a natural looking result without having to have a lift? I'd like a pretty full breast, natural looking.

Borderline lift, augmentation only?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Breast lift?

I would get examined and measured by a board certified plastic surgeon. With a large enough implant it is possible to not need a lift. That is based on your measurements and a discussion about the "look" you are trying to achieve. 

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexia /lollipop scar/implants

Thanks for your question and photos. You will benefit from a mastopexia surgery with implant and lollipop scar. The implant size depends on your expectations but I would prefer 250-325 cc and they should be placed over the muscle. Also this procedure will help to correct your NAC location which is medially and asymmetric. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 300ml-500ml to fill the breasts properly.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants and circumareola lift

It looks like you are a candidate for implants, and might need a circumareola lift. Best of luck....

Breast augmentation candidate

Thank you for your question and information. You appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation procedure. The keys are to fill out the upper and lower parts of the breast with the right implant and to place it in a way that looks relatively natural. The technique that best achieves this is a Dual plane technique, where the implant is below the muscle in the superior pole of the breast, and the lower portion of the muscle is released to allow the implant to fill the lower pole of the breast. This covers the implant sufficiently while allowing it to be in an ideal position and fill the breast envelope beautifully. Location of the incision, location of the implant, type of implant, and size are all critical questions for women who choose breast augmentation. The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements. Many surgeons use a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion.  Plastic surgeons are trained differently and have varying levels of experience and so the key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation. He or she should be able to clearly explain their approach and why they do things a certain way. I hope this was helpful. 

Breast augmentation

You would likely get a good result with implants alone. Size and type would be tailor fitted based on your measurements and frosted goals.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Borderline lift, augmentation only?

Thank you for your question.  If you're happy with a natural appearance, you can probably get away with dual plane breast augmentation alone.  If you want to be perkier with higher nipples, a limited lift would be required in addition to the implants.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift and implant

Your nipples are a bit low but are above the breast fold. I think yo would do well with a dual plane augmentation.  It would fill out your lower breast and centralize your nipples. Good luck.

Breast Augmentaion

You are an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation with a shaped implant and can avoid a lift altogether. I would plan to place the implant under the muscle and make the incision along the breast crease. Based on your photos, I do not think you need a lift.