Will my breast drop or will they always have a square look? (photos)

I am 3 weeks post op. Breast lift (lollipop) with small implant 255cc. I am wondering do I need to be wearing a chest band to help with the dropping of my breast. I hope within the 3-6 month range they actually drop and become round. I'm scared they will always be square-ish.

Normal healing process

At 3 weeks it is still early in the healing process after breast lift and augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. Give your body time to heal as it can take 3 months to see your results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #breastlift #drdeanvistnes

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regardsDr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants dropping

It is early in the recovery, you need to give it more time to settle. This can take 4-6 months. Best of luck.

Breast Lift with Implants

The breast implants should fall in time which will round the breasts. I typically recommend we not critique the outcome for ~3months. If the shape has not improved, a revision may be helpful. Be patient. Best wishes.

Will they look square?

From your photographs and with the fact that you're only three weeks after surgery, there's still a whole lot of dropping that the breast implants can do. I would not be concerned that the implants are too high until several months have passed. From what I can see in your postoperative early result, it looks quite good to me given the degree of ptosis you had to begin with. Hang in there, it will get better.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Boxy Breasts

The short answer to your question is yes your breast will drop and no they will not always look square. It is routine for patients who have breast lifts with implant placement to have a boxy look initially. I counsel all my patients that they will have "buyer's remorse" after this particular operation for up to 3 months. When this particular surgery is preformed, if your breast look great early then the long term results will usually have the implant too low and too far to the outside. Also with implant placement it is routine to have muscle spasm which also makes the breast appear square. Based on your pictures, I am willing to bet that you are going to have an excellent result and be very happy!

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon