BA vs BA with Crescent lift. 400 cc silicone implant. Natural full C size desired with fuller bottom of breasts.

I'm 22 yo, 5'5", 175 lb and used to be 245 lb. Prior to the weight gain I had a perky/small B cup size. With weight gain I went to a small D, now am back to small B but have lost the perkiness. I absolutely DO NOT want a full lift/long scar. I scar easily & have a visible keloid. 3 doctors have told me different things: #1- transaxillary,no lift necessary,good results #2- breast lift is completely necessary #3- breast lift is recommended but can produce good results with a crescent lift alone

Breast Augmentation vs Breast Augmentation with Crescent Lift. No Scar Wanted.

If we assume you do not want even a vertical scar, then your options are limited as are the possible results. This is because the distance needed to raise your areolas would be impossible to reduce with a cresent lift. You will be extremely disappointed if you try this. An augmentation alone will also give a very undesireable result in terms of having the breast tissue droop way down over the implant, with fullness only well above the areola. The distance is also too great to do a periareolar lift. If you were content with not quite a full C, and did not want a vertical scar, you could have a Horndeski technique breast lift which has scar around the areola, but also across the full inframammary fold. I would vote for Dr # 2.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BA vs BA with Crescent lift?

I agree with Drs. Park and Vistnes, from your photos, you will need a full breast lift along wtht a breast augmentation.  A crescent lift alone will not be able to accomplish the perkiness you desire.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Your photos show that breast augmentation alone or augmentation with a crescent lift will not be able to provide optimal aesthetic results. Go with the recommendations of plastic surgeon #2. Your best option will be a breast lift with implants to achieve larger breasts with better nipple areolar position. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Gregory Park, MD

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon