Did I actually have 2800 grafts implanted? (Photo)

Hi, I had a hair transplant a week ago via the fue method to re create my hairline. It was said that i had 2800 grafts implanted. However i fear its much less, i can count the hairs in some places and it generally looks spacey. I have attached pictures. What are your thoughts ? Thanks in advance.

There is no way to tell if you really received the number of grafts. If you are concerned you can ask your doctor

There is no way to tell if you really received the number of grafts from photos.  If you are concerned you can ask your doctor about your surgical chart.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Proper hair wash after hair transplant

It looks like you have significant scabbing which indicates improper washing of the transplanted areas. It is difficult to count the grafts at this point.  If you have any concerns about the number or a patchy appearance you should see your surgeon. You should be coming up to your 2 week appointment, I would definitely address it at that that time if not sooner.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to estimate the number of grafts without an in-person examination. I suggest that you discuss with your board certified facial plastic surgeon as they will have both the medical records and the knowledge of your procedure. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Graft count

I hope that you are shampooing your hair well by now. You have a lot of scabbing. You should ask for your graft count sheet which is a part of your surgical chart, which will show the number of grafts that were transplanted.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Did I have 2800 grafts implanted ?

As it was mentioned before your recipient area looks terrible and it means you did not washed your hairs correctly .After the hair transplant surgeries in 10-13 days all scabs should have fallen.Of course the washing and moisturizing are important issues to receive an efficient healing. Regarding your hairline  3 weeks after the hair transplantation is  a very early stage to judge or to expect a result . If you have concerns about the number of the transplanted grafts you may contact your clinic and ask a counting sheet. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Graft number.

I recommend you wash your scalp well, perhaps soak in a tub of water for 10 minutes to loosen all the scabs off.  Then you should resume all normal hair washing.  You should speak with your physician regarding the graft number.  He or she should have good records of your graft count and placing.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Did I have 2800 grafts?

Go back to see your doctor and ask for the counting sheet at the time of the surgery which will show the number of grafts as it is part of your surgical record.  Your post operative care is terrible as the crusts remain caked onto your head. Be sure not to pick these off as you now have to wait until they fall off with twice daily shampooing and leaving the shampoo on your head for 5-10 minutes and gently massaging the crusts until they fall off in the next few weeks.  

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon