Liposculture - how much does it cost? Will it work for me? (Photo)

I'm a 52 years healthy women, mother of 3. I will like to know if a liposculture will work for me and what are the prices?

Liposculture - how much does it cost? Will it work for me?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

How Much Does Liposuction Cost?

The actual cost of liposuction can widely vary, and it is next to impossible to give a patient a quote without having an initial consultation, or a frame of reference. Liposuction costs differ for the area of the body, and also the amount of fatty deposit being removed from the body. It also depends on the technique that the plastic surgeon uses. Here at the Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery, we use the latest technology. Doctors who have not kept up with the latest technology have a tendency to use equipment with larger cannulas. The size of the cannula directly affects the cost of liposuction. Here at the Bel-Red Center, we use micro cannulas, and are able to charge our patients much less than our competitors.

It is also important to note that many health insurances do cover some or all of the costs of cosmetic plastic surgery, especially when the surgery is viewed as a medical necessity. Because of the nature of liposuction, it can often be seen as a necessary medical procedure, and can be billed as such. Our doctor and staff can better assist you with this process during your consultation.

For absolute ballpark figures, liposuction fees are approximately $2,500 for neck liposuction, $5,000-6,000 for the upper and lower abdomen, and $6,000 and up for combination liposuction. This includes an abdomen with love handles, or the inclusion of liposuction on the buttocks as well. We do offer discounts for multiple areas, so patients having multiple procedures will typically have a reduction in cost. We want you to have the most comfortable experience possible.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Looking at your photos i would advise you a TT with liposuction around the waist/abdomen and flanks/back. I feel that you will get better results with this combination. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposculpture Cost

Cost vary across the country and also based on the experience and expertise of the plastic surgeon.  In my practice I have five different levels of charging for a body areas depending on what is required and/ or desired by the patient.  The cost ranges between $3,000 to $6,000 per area.  There are also charges for use of a surgical facility, which can be highly variable based on what part of the country you are in (NYC vs say Omaha), and then there is the cost of the anesthesiologist as well.

Liposuction costs and benefits

Unless you have a lot of weakness in your abdominal musculature, you are probably a good candidate for liposuction.  I prefer using SLIM liposuction which is a form of laser lipolysis which melts the fat and tightens the skin simultaneously.  For the abdomen and flanks area I would generally charge $3600 if performed with oral sedation, or  $4500 if performed under general anesthesia.  These charges are all inclusive.  Only a consultation will determine if you are a good candidate.  Some patients have a lot of visceral fat which is behind the muscle making them poor candidates for liposuction or a tummy tuck.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

You should see some improvements with liposculpture

You appear to be a reasonably good candidate for liposculpture in certain areas.

Considering you have had three pregnancies, you may do better with a tummy tuck. That procedure can certainly be done in conjunction with liposuction. Another alternative is to add a Brazilian butt lift.

Price varies and so does quality.

In general, I would stay away from providers advertising deals that seem too good to be true. There are often fine print bait-and-switch offers.

That said, paying more is no guarantee the quality of work will be better.

I rarely liposuction the waist and hips without doing the upper and lower abdomen. It's almost always done as "full abdomen".

For patients getting a tummy tuck, liposuction is usually limited on the abdomen.

Depending on where you have your work done, prices may vary from $1,000-$3,000 per area. I think $1,500 per area plus a facility and possible anesthesia fee is a very fair price when three or more areas are treated.

In New York City or San Francisco, expect to pay more. Prices may be less where you live.

I prefer to do liposuction using conscious sedation, thereby avoiding general anesthesia. It's usually easily tolerated and has many benefits. Relying only on a pain pill can leave some patients challenged if the procedure is done correctly. Our facility fee is typically around $1,000 per hour. That's for a fully accredited operating room in a hospital. To me, that offers the highest level of safety and access to the best equipment.

My practice is devoted almost entirely to Smart Lipo. That said, I don't believe my results or patients' healing timeframes are significantly different than non-laser liposuction.

Don't put too much credence in the hype and spin. Do pay close attention to the experience of the surgeon, proper training in plastic surgery, honest demeanor and online reviews.

Consider consulting with several plastic surgeons.

I hope that helped.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hi, thanks for your question. For your photos i think taht the best option for you es Tummy Tuck with liposuction of your back and waist, BLL too. Am near to PR. Am at your command.

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

Compare costs very carefully

Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

The prices can vary from state to state, and city to city. We charge for liposuction per area. The abdomen (upper and lower side to side) is one area. The waist (from the ribs to just above the buttocks from side to side around the back) is one area. The thighs (both inner and outer) is one area. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, garment, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months 6 months, and every year after forever, are listed below. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well. The cost per area does go down as you add more areas:

One area: cost per area around $5000. Two areas: cost per area round $3200. Three areas: cost per area around $2500

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! For instance, often the cost per area is quoted as lower, yet the abdomen is comprised of upper and lower, and sometimes even lateral areas (2 to 4 areas for the abdomen, instead we consider the entire abdomen one area) or the thighs are inner and outer (2 areas when we consider the thighs one area). Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Also check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results. Cost alone should not be the deciding factor.

Smartlipo candidate

Thank you for posting a photo of the areas of concern. I recommend learning about Smartlipo; this procedure will remove unwanted fat deposits while tightening the skin. Consult with your doctor to determine if this is the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Looking at your pictures, I would say that you are an ideal candidate for a combination of liposculpture plus tummy tuck procedure. In my personal opinion for the best outcome, I would perform liposuction in your waist and lower back to take that extra fat injecting it sculpting your buttocks (fat grafting or brazilian butt lift), that added to a tummy tuck to tighten the lose skin, will give you a beautiful hourglass shape result. Or just have the liposuction which would also help you look better, You have the last word and congratulations on deciding to improve your shape!

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon