What should I do after slough is removed by santyl? (photos)

Had a tt, lipo, bbl. All went well except for a bad burn on my right flank. I have come a long way, finally got Rx santyl and its removing all the yellow dead stuff. Just want to know what is the best protocole for me to continue once all the yellow is gone? The yellow part is detached from red tissue, I can lift it with qtio, it seems to just be hanging on there

Burn after liposuction

It appears that you are finally on the road to recovery, and this may take several  months to heal, and more time before considering whether to have a revision of any kind.  Keep your surgeon advised of your progress and best of luck. 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

What should I do after slough is removed by santyl?

Appears the treatments you are receiving are proper. Just allow healing by secondary intention to form a hypertrophic scar. Than allow scar maturation for 6 months before considering revisions... 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Burn from body contouring liposuction

Our office specializes in scar revision. We would recommend optimal wound care followed by laser treatments to improve skin contour, texture, and color. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Wound care

The outer edges of your wound look clean. The amount of "yellow stuff" or exudative tissue should decrease with the use of Santyl.

Other options include debridement to clean up the wound or, at times, the placement of a vacuum-assisted closure (VAC).

I anticipate this will heal with time. A scar revision may be needed at some point in the future. I generally do not perform scar revisions less than one year from the time wounds are healed.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon and keep them in the loop if any changes occur.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Burn after liposuction

Sounds like your making great progress. Continue following your Plastic Surgeons directions carefully and completely, you will do well. Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

I would suggest continuing to visit with your surgeon and let him watch your progress. He may need to trim some of the tissue that is lifting away. Continue to keep the wound clean and dressed.  Good luck to you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Wound care to Closure

Thank you for the pictures. You should not have to implement any protocol. Your surgeon should be all over this. He or she should bring back any tissue sharply to prepare the wound for either closure or skin graft. The plan should be very detailed.