How much would it cost to have Liposculpture to inner & outer thighs, lower back and lower belly to improve buttock?

Generally how much would this -package cost and what are the limits to the amount of fat which can be taken out ? ? I also just had a tummy tuck also so I would need to know how long I should wait. Obviously i'm not satisfied with the amount Dr. lipoed from me. I still have love handles after paying a mint. unreal.

Hi, thanks for your question.

The cost of liposuction in these ares you mentioned, in my case is 3,000 dollars, this price will include the whole package. If you have operation on your  abdomen i recommend you wait six months to make liposuction. 

Dr. Marte.

This may cost $6000 to $12000 depending upon the demand for the surgeon.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures each year and has great reviews and before and after pictures.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Costs vary as do recommendations

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with your previous surgery.

I generally do not re-operate or do a second procedure within the first six months after the original procedure.

Prices often vary based on how many areas are being treated.

For what you are describing, expect to pay between $1,000-$3,000 per area. If you want someone who is properly trained, experienced and delivers high quality work, then $2,000-$3,000 is more realistic. Prices vary by geographic area.

I generally do not lipo the lower abdomen without treating the upper. There are exceptions, such as patients that have had previous surgery. 

I like to do liposuction while my patients are awake. It allows me to have my patients turn onto their sides or whatever position is needed to get the best results. Since tummy tucks are almost always done using general anesthesia, this becomes difficult. Some surgeons also limit the amount of liposuction done in conjunction with tummy tucks for safety reasons (that's a good idea). Both of those reasons can sometimes limit what can be achieved with liposuction when combined with a tummy tuck. 

Many plastic surgeons limit fat removal to less than 5 liters during any one liposuction procedure (also a good idea).

Based on your picture, I don't think you need 5 liters of fat removed.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

6 months from tummy tuck to liposuction

Often it is not the best approach to find the cheapest plastic surgeon. Does the surgeon specialize in this procedure? What are their credentials? How long have they been in practice? What percentage of their practice is cosmetic surgery? How many of these surgeries have they performed? Do they use the latest techniques? What do their results look like? Do they have photos to show of their work? Do they provide follow-up themselves, or will you only see the nurses (or even just an assistant)? Are they available by phone for an emergency or does one of their staff answer after-hour calls? What is the impression you get from their office and staff? Are they professional and informative? Do they know what they are talking about? You need to ask yourself all of these questions.

The prices can vary from state to state, and city to city. We charge for liposuction per area. The abdomen (upper and lower side to side) is one area. The waist (from the ribs to just above the buttocks from side to side around the back) is one area. The thighs (both inner and outer) is one area. Our costs, including the board certified plastic surgeon's fees, board certified anesthesiologist's fees, operating room, labs, garment, vitamins, and follow-up at 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months 6 months, and every year after forever, are listed below. If you need more follow-up appointments, those are free as well. The cost per area does go down as you add more areas:

One area: cost per area around $5000. Two areas: cost per area round $3200. Three areas: cost per area around $2500

When comparing quotes from different doctors, check to make sure that the costs you are quoted are for the same thing! For instance, often the cost per area is quoted as lower, yet the abdomen is comprised of upper and lower, and sometimes even lateral areas (2 to 4 areas for the abdomen, instead we consider the entire abdomen one area) or the thighs are inner and outer (2 areas when we consider the thighs one area). Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Also check to see what type of anesthesia and facility you are going to be treated in. If the total price is lower but you are not going to receive proper anesthesia from a board certified anesthesiologist, then are you getting a better deal (or inferior treatment)? If the facility is not a certified outpatient surgery center but is an in-office procedure room, is the difference in safety worth the cost reduction? If the doctor is not a board certified plastic surgeon, is that worth the discount in the fees? I would say the answer to all three of these questions is no!

This is your body, make sure you are making decisions based on the quality of care, the experience and training of the doctor, and proven results. Cost alone should not be the deciding facto

Liposuction Costs

I would first advise you to go back to your primary surgeon.  You can review your original plan, your current versus previous weight and your thoughts on the procedure.   Most surgeons want to meet their patients expectations and will want your feedback.  In my office I charge roughly $2500/site with add ons depending on the patient.  This is typically done in the office.  I see alll of my paitents back on regular intervals because I want to know they are happy not just with the procedure itself but with the long term results.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon