Is it dangerous to remove lipoma in center back of the neck? I travel lot to hospital nothing they did since 2011 (Photo)

I have 13cm lipoma at the center back of my neck,is it dangerous to remove it?

Neck lipoma

Every surgery has its risks but this location is no riskier than any other spot in the head and neck. You will however have a rather large divot if it is 13cm. That is a sizable one. 

At the same time if this is confirmed a lipoma by needle biopsy or imaging it is unlikely to cause you any issues so the other option is to leave it.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of lipoma on back of neck

If this mass on the back of your neck is due from fat, it could be a lipoma or just diffuse hypertrophy of fat in the area.  A lipoma is a benign tumor that normally can be surgically excised.  If it is diffuse fat, that can sometimes be treated with liposuction instead of excision.  If it is just fat, it is normally not a risky procedure to treat it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it dangerous to remove lipoma in center back of the neck? I travel lot to hospital nothing they did since 2011

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  If your mass is a lipoma there should be no reason that you can not have it removed.  In most cases lipomas can be taken care of in your surgeon's office, but occasionally are done in an operating room.  Hope this helps.