Nerve damage and stinging after removing a lipoma in forehead?

I had a small lipoma, about an inch wide, removed from the left side of my forehead. After the surgery there was a large swelling, about the size of half a golf ball. I got bruised and looked terrible for a couple of weeks. But what worries me more is that there is severe numbness and stinging on the top of my head and my scalp, above the scar. Even worse, I cannot lift my eyebrow more than a few millimeters. Will I recover from this and how long does it take? And will the stinging go away?

#Lipoma Removal - Nerve damage and stinging after removing a lipoma in forehead?

It's unlikely to have nerve damage from a procedure such as this but it's not impossible and you'll need to contact your own PS to discuss this possibility.  However, it sounds like you had some bleeding and/or fluid collection in the surgical site and since that, too, can cause (temporary) numbness, that is the more likely cause.  You should contact your own PS about that too.  Hopefully, once the swelling is resolved, sensation will have returned.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Whether due to the surgery itself or a discrete fluid collection, such as a seroma or hematoma, it sounds as if a branch of your facial nerve has become irritated and is not working appropriately.  Assuming the nerve was not permanently injured or cut you should see spontaneous resolution of your symptoms over the next 6 months.  I know waiting is difficult but hang in there, and allow your results more time to mature.  Certainly voice your concerns to your surgeon as they are your best source of information and reassurance.  Best wishes.