Is being on antidepressants safe with lip augmentation?

Antidepressants And Cosmetic Surgery

Thank you for the question. Many patients undergo cosmetic surgery that are on a wide variety of antidepressant medications, in my opinion, I would recommend that you  please see a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Antidepressants safe with lip injections?

Hello angela1991,

Thank you for posting your question. There is no know contraindication to being on antidepressants and having lip augmentation. Many patients take different medications, including antidepressants, and have beautiful results. The OTC products like ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and aspirin, as well as some herbal supplements may increase your chances of bruising so they can be avoided 2 weeks prior to injections. Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections

Thank you for the question. Many patients undergo cosmetic surgery that are on a wide variety of antidepressant medications, however if there are any concerns then you should always consult with your psychiatrist.  Good luck, Dr. Bublik.

Michael Bublik, MD

Lip Augmentation and Antidepressant Medication

There are no adverse effects of antidepressant medication with lip augmentation. There are many patients that undergo all forms of cosmetic surgery that are on a wide variety of antidepressant medications with no adverse interactions.

Absolutely. There is no significant interaction between antidepressant medications and lip augmentation. There has been some evidence that these medications can prolong bleeding times but I have not seen any significant effect of antidepressants on healing in practice. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depression and cosmetic procedures

There is no known medical interaction between antidepressant medications and the substances used in injectable fillers. A note on depression: with any cosmetic procedure, if you do not set realistic expectations for yourself, you are setting yourself up for disappointment and possible worsening of depression. Never expect any procedure to drastically change your life, only enhance it. Cosmetic treatments are a tool to improve your appearance, confidence, and self-esteem. If you are like most, you will love lip augmentation...good luck! Below is a link to a patient who underwent lip fillers.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Brookfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Antidepressants and Lip Augmentation

There is no contraindication with antidepressants and lip augmentation.  Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.