Weird shape of the nipple after gyno surgery. Will it improve? (Photo)

I am 4 days post gyno operation, my left nipple looks ok, but my right one has weird nipple skin(looks like a scar, but it's not) at the bottom, what is it? Will it go away?should I go to the doctor? Or I'm Just stressing?

What to Expect after Gynecomastia Surgery

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

4 days after gynecomastia surgery

It's very early after your surgery so it's difficult to tell if this will need revision.  However, if it does this can usually be done in the office under local.  The majority of the areola and most importantly the nipple is unaffected.  So if this does need to be corrected in the future, there is plenty of tissue with which to work.  I'm sure an exam by your surgeon will ease your concerns.

Shayne Webb, MD

Nipple

Thank you for the photo but at 4 days post op it is way too early to try to judge your final result as things will change.  I would bring your concerns though to your surgeon

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Weird looking nipple after surgery

IIt is a little bit difficult to tell much from the photo but I dont see anything too alarming.  Always best to discuss with your surgeon of course.  The area at the 6:00 position my be an area of friction injury which is not uncommon with liposuction and should resolve.  I recommend calling your surgeons office and asking these questions.

Mary Gingrass, MD