How can I help my armpit wound heal fast? (Photo)

I did a arm lift, a month ago. And went back to work and my arms started to open up. My arm pit is bad off, my doctor order wet to dry dressing with aertic acid twice a day.

Helping arm to heal?

Thanks for this important question. I'm sorry your wound has opened, but it is a risk of the surgery. It seems this happens most commonly when patients return to activity. I would suggest you follow your doctor's advice and follow through on your wet to dry dressing changes with excellence. You can also improve your nutrition with protein supplements, vitamin C, Zinc, and Omega-3 oils. Focusing on your wound and refraining from activity that will stress your wound is the way to go from this point on. Check with your doctor to be sure he approves of any new supplement you decide to take. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Wound breakdown following brachioplasty

Sounds like your surgeon has a plan and continues to follow you thru this complication.  Unfortunately wounds take weeks and sometimes months to heal.  Follow your surgeons recommendations.  Good nutrition and avoiding nicotine would certainly be a good foundation for healing. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

What to do after #plasticsurgery and #armlift

Hi Brishaye, Thank you for sharing your question and photos.  I'm so sorry to hear your incision opened up.  Continue communicating with your board certified plastic surgeon and will be very important to keep the area clean. Be sure not to overexert yourself and follow your doctor's orders of transitioning from wet to dry dressings several times per day.  I hope this is helpful and wish you the best.  -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How can I help my armpit wound heal fast?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your incision separation.  At this point it is best to allow your body time to heal from the inside-out, and using wet to dry dressings is an excellent choice.  It will help if you can maintain a healthy diet of lean meats and fruits/vegetables.  Hope this helps.

Healing after brachioplasty

It seems like your doctor has given you good advice for healing this wound. While this is sometimes frustrating, you can expect this area to heal up very nicely, given enough time.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon