Extended arm lift and major breast lift

I had gastric sleeve and lost, almost, 100 lbs. Can an extended arm lift and breast lift (no implants) be done at same time? The breast lift is a major lift. From notch to nipple is 36. I'm worried about blood flow where breast and under arm meet. Thanks

Arm lift

Congrats on your weight loss! Thank you for your question. Yes I think these procedures can be done, although pictures would have been more helpful for a better evaluation,consult carefully with a board certified PS, good luck!

Extended arm lift and major breast lift

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very out of this accomplishment. Yes, I think the combination procedure you are considering is an excellent one: breast lifting, upper body lifting, and arm lifting surgery done in one session are commonly requested procedures after significant weight loss. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Extended arm and breast lift at same time?

Thank you for asking about your extended arm and breast lift.

• Congratulations on your weight loss -
  • Yes, an extended arm and breast lift can be done at the same time.
  • In fact, it may be easier to get a better result when done together because the areas form a unit.
  • One cannot predict everything but such lifts are not unusual and should be fine -
  • The area of concern is usually the nipple, not the underarm area.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Extended arm lift and major breast lift

Yes, you can have breast uplift / reduction / implant-uplift and arm lift together ( it is almost always second session of body lift procedures) . The  key point is arm lift scar must be in continuity with new breast curve.

Erhan Eryilmaz, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Extended arm lift and major breast lift

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss.  Yes, an arm lift and breast can be performed at the same time and is often performed together for those with massive weight loss.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Extended arm lift and major breast lift

Thank you for your question. This is a very common scenario after massive weight loss. We very commonly do a brachioplasty with a breast lift/reduction. Most of the time patients have a lot of skin laxity to the outside of the breast just under the armpit. Many times we use this excess tissue to auto-augment the breast leaving the breast fuller and at the same time getting rid of the skin laxity on the side of the chest. When this is done the incision can curve around the outside of the breast and into the armpit and continue to flow into the brachioplasty incision on the arm. I hope this helps. 

Arm and breast lift.

These procedures are often combined because, as you know, the excess skin of the arm will extend into the arm pit, and then down toward the excess of the lateral breast.  Using and implant in this setting is not usually advised nor needed because enough tissue can be mobilized to perform a "spiral" mastopexy and this tissue will add volume, if necessary. If one was to try and lift and add an implant, significant concerns about blood supply are a real issue.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Extended arm lift and major breast lift, together?

Possible ? yes, always done? not always, depends on where your  arm/breast incisions will lie in relation to one another, recommend a visit with a BC PS to discuss, do you want implants at same time as lift? lots of questions need to be answered, good luck and would love to see you in consult.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Combining Procedures...

Greetings,

Combining procedures at the same time is perfectly acceptable.  Patients that lose dramatic amounts of weight often require multiple procedures to achieve their aesthetic goals.  The main factors determining the safety of combined procedures includes your overall health status, the time required under anesthesia, and the comfort level of the surgeon performing the procedure. Expect to wear an arm garment following your surgery for several weeks to improve your healing process.

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is it safe to combine an arm lift and a breast lift in the same procedure?

For massive weight loss patients, it's quite common to combine 2 or more body contouring procedures in to the same operation. This should be done thoughtfully, however, as some combinations of procedures can result in overly long operative times and / or difficult recoveries. That said, I have found that it works quite well to combine a breast lift and an arm lift in the same procedure.  

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon