I want a boob job but I'm worried my nipples are to far apart, thoughts? (photos)

I wanna get my boobs done but im scared theyre going to look worse or not right i attached two photos can u let me know if it looks like if i got a boob job my nipples would be closer together ?

I want a boob job but I'm worried my nipples are to far apart, thoughts?

Thank you for your question.  Because you have  nipples that are far apart now, he can achieve an improvement in breast shape and size with breast implants but it is not possible to move the nipples closer together like shone in her desired photograph.  I would not let that discourage her from having breast augmentation.

Breast implants

I think you are a good candidate for implants.  With breast augmentation, the implants tend to center themselves under the nipples because that is where the skin and tissue are loosest.  What that means for you is that there will be some separation between the implants.  If that's okay with you than therer's nothing stopping you from getting implants. I don't think it's worth trying to move your nipples.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants alone will not change your nipple position

but they will make you larger and fuller and provide you many more options with clothing.  If you have to have your nipples moved medially, you will have scars around your nipple and the scars can stretch out in undesirable ways.  People see the upper parts of your breasts so I would suggest focusing on getting the best, fullest, level upper poles you can get and not worry about how the nipples fall on the resultant mounds.  And if anyone should criticize your appearances when lucky enough to see them, they don't belong in your life.

Curtis Wong, MD

Nipple position with breast augmentation

Dear Leah,

Having breast enlargement alone will not change the position of your nipple areolar complex. However, your nipples are in an anatomically normal position given the width of your breast bone. If you are mostly bothered by the position of your nipples you could consider an incision around the areola to move them in a bit at the time of surgery- I would, however, advise against this as I don't think the additional scarring is worth it in your case. It would be very helpful for you to see a board certified plastic surgeon who uses 3 D imaging (called the Vectra) pre operatively to see if you would be happy with the results provided by augmentation alone. 

Dr. Meghan Nadeau

Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Breast Augmentation: Information

Dear Ms Leah98665,

Thank you for your story and photos. Based on the photos you have normal appearing nipple areolar complex (NAC). The exact location of the NAC can be manipulated at the time of surgery to enhance your desire. However major moves of the NAC would require incisions around the NAC.

I suggest you you make several appointments with Bd cert. Plastic. Surgeons who are ideally members of the Am. Soc. for Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best,

Robert A. Hardesty, MD, FACS

Although I think you are very good candidate for breast enlargement not done to excess, the reality is that your nipples will remain in a somewhat wide position and will not be moved closer together.  In my opinion this is acceptable if you would like to have larger breasts and should not prevent you from proceeding.  Keep in mind however that your nipples will not be moved closer together as a result of the surgery.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implants

Thank you for the photos and question and though your breasts are naturally wider apart then the desired look you should get an excellent result with an augmentation with the overall breast looking closer.  So see some experts in your area and be evaluated in person.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implants

With breast implant surgery, the implants are centered under your current breasts. 

The rib cage is a curve and your breasts are more around the curve. 

Some rib cages are flatter in the front and the breasts project ahead more closer to the sternum, such as your desired photo.

A larger implant gives more cleavage towards the sternum and a smaller one less.

Breast aug and worried about nipple position

Breast augmentation would be a great surgery for you; during your consultation you can be shown where your nipples would be positioned after surgery; if you do not like the planned position of your nipples, you can consider a lift. Please see results below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

3-d simulation

At  Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group every breast augmentation patient undergoes a thorough evaluation and a 3-d vectra simulation to show what a breast augmentation will look like on each individual patient.  I highly recommend that you see a plastic surgeon that is board certified and has this type of technology to provide you with a simulation of what you would look like  with a Breast augmentation. Hope to see u soon.