40 days post FUE. Is this redness or scar? (photo)

I had FUE almost 40 days ago! Was all fine until day 17 then this redness started to appear. I know that my skin does scar from any type of skin cuts and/or surgical incisions. If it's a scar, what can I use? My doctor is overseas and wouldn't respond by other than it's normal!

Some people can have redness that persist weeks after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Some people can have redness that persist weeks after surgery.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  Even if your doctor is overseas, you can still contact the doctor and the clinic.  After all, you were able to contact them to schedule your surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

40 days after hair transplant

You have persistent redness and this probably reflects your skin type. Ask your surgeon to treat it if it bothers you. It will eventually go away nevertheless

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after hair transplant

Hello Qaisriyadh82, Some redness in the recipient area at day 17 is expected. But it appears from your statement, it is a new thing that appeared unexpectedly. Was it not red after the surgery and then became red overnight? If the later, it is worth while exploring a source of the redness other than the expected redness of a hair transplant. Perhaps you are using a medication in the area that is causing new redness. That said, apart from your operating doctor, most doctors answering your question would be at a disadvantage of not having your full history. This is one of the disadvantages of having your surgery overseas especially in countries with a different standard of care practices that could be compounded by a language barrier.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon