Non Surgical Nose Job Enough to Raise Tip?

The bump on my bridge doesn't bother me too much, but the downward 'hook' appearance does. Would it be possible to raise the tip with an injection?

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty-The Pro's/Con's From a Nose Specialist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best candidates for a non-surgical nose job are typically the following types of patients: 1) Those who want the bridge of their nose raised or who want a hump hidden to achieve a more feminine profile 2) Patients with a nose that deviates to one side or the other. Filler can help make it look more straight 3) Patients with features in the tip that appear too harsh or pointy and need softening. Fillers can help create a much smoother and balanced appearance. What non-surgical nose jobs can't do are help patients narrow their nose, make it project (stick out) less, or help with breathing. They also cannot raise the tip of the nose, unfortunately. For these issues a surgical rhinoplasty is required.

It is very important to know that a non-surgical rhinoplasty is a VERY advanced and technically challenging procedure to do safely. Too much filler in any given area can cause issues with blood supply to the skin on the nose so it is essential that you have a physician who is comfortable in rhinoplasty perform the procedure. There must be an utmost respect for the anatomy and blood supply of the nose. In experienced hands it can be done safely and beautifully with results that enhance the appearance of the nose and really help patients feel more confident.

Depending on the filler used, the results typically last between 1 and 2 years. The procedure is performed after topical numbing creme is applied and should be performed in a meticulous fashion. This means that the procedure typically takes about 45 minutes.

I hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
Harvard Trained/Board Certified
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical nose job can raise a tip

Your nasal tip may be improved with non-surgical nose job.  It will be important to treat the tip and the bridge.  We have several examples of this on our website.  I perform both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty and I find that a large percentage of individuals who want to improve their nose are better treated with non-surgical techniques.

Most individuals don't want a huge complete change, but as in your example, they want to lift the tip a bit or de-emphasize a bump on profile.  Non-surgical rhinoplasty is an excellent choice for these goals.  The results are seen immediately, and the patients avoid the side effects, long recovery and risks of surgery and anesthesia.

Good luck in your search for information!

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raise the tip using Wrinkle Injections!

Dermal fillers are very good at creating shape and structure. So a dermal filler may be useful to correct a bump or small deviation. It will last approx 9-12 months.Cost at our practice is $550 at the time of this writing. 

For large changes, surgery is still be the best modality.

Wrinkle injections will only slightly raise the tip. that will last approx 3 months. 

As always, a consultation with an experienced practitioner is the most important part of the process.

Non surgical rhinoplasty

You are an excellent candidate for nose reshaping and a non-surgical rhinoplasty may certainly add proportion to your nose-bridge ratio. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Nasal rotation with nonsurgical fillers

To put it bluntly, you can't rotate the tip with fillers. You can place volume with fillers that create the illusion of rotation, and this can be a great short term solution for some patients. However I also will add that surgery will be a better solution for balance.

Another idea to consider, however, is Botox. An article by a friend of mine, Steve Dayan of Chicago, illustrates how you can selectively weaken a muscle that can draw the tip down into that hooked appearance. You would have to be seen by a physician to see if that is truly one of the reasons you have the hooked appearance, so I can't promise you that it would work for you. But if you are truly looking for a temporary, simple, non surgical solution, this would be better than fillers. More natural, and would maintain those elements of your nose that you like. I have done it for a number of patients, and if done with the right patient selection, works.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is not always a substitute for Rhinoplasty Surgery.

I don't think you could improve the "downward hook" appearance of your nose with Injectable Fillers. I am passionate when it comes to aesthetic nasal improvement, and I offer both Non-Surgical and Surgical Rhinoplasty in my practice.

Your nose is a bit large, and adding volume to your tip will only make your nose bigger. You have attractive features and a beautiful chin and jawline. I would suggest Rhinoplasty Surgery to deproject your tip (not raise it), rotate it slightly, and remove your hump.

I've attached a link to my Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raising the nasal tip with non-surgical fillers

While there are uses for injectable fillers in reshaping the nose, I don't think that you will likely achieve what you're after with fillers alone. As my colleague suggests, they can be used to blunt the transition between the upper lip and columella of the nose, but this can create a funny appearance on frontal view by making the columella look too long (almost like a "hanging columella" deformity).

A real surgical rhinoplasty is more likely to succeed here.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

See video below. With a non-surgical nose job, you do not truly lift the tip. You really create an optical illusion of a lifted tip. This is achieved by filling in the depression at the bridge of the nose and "smoothing" out the hump followed by additiona of a small amount to the tip.