Nipple color is lighter in the bottom and darker in top (photos)

My nipple color is lighter in the bottom and darker in top. Do i have a serious problem?

Nipple color is lighter in the bottom and darker in top

Variation in skin pigmentation by itself can be a normal variant.

Los Angeles, Cailfornia

Nipple color variation

This  variation is not iunusal. Have you  exposed the upper portion of the areola to  sunlight/lamp or tanning ? If you have..then of  course the  upper portion has tanned  darker than the lower part..

I wish you well !!

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Normal variation

It is normal to have pigment variation in and around the nipple and areola.  Your photos do not show any abnormalites.  

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Differing hues of color in your N/A are common and should not be of a concern.. Best to diiscuss with your GYN in person..// 

Nipple Color Variation

Thank you for your question. Nipple color variation is normal. You have nothing to be concerned about. That being said, at your next appointment with your GP discuss your concern in person.

Dr. Rodgers

Nipple color varies!

This should not be a problem.  99% percent of my patients are women having breast surgery.  Aerolas will have different color variations.  You are fine!

Pigmentation

Areolar pigment is often irregular. This is not a disease, and there is no need to consider this a problem.
All the best. 

Only problem is spending too much time looking at areolas...

Pigmentation varies as does nipple height, projection, areolar size, etc...I wouldn't worry nor would I look for ways to "fix" it...

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon