Uncomfortable compression garment?

I am three and a half weeks post op of a tt, lipo and bbl. What would happen if I stop wearing the compression garment now? I would rather wear spanx.

Tummy tuck post op

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to discuss any concerns or questions related to your recovery experience with your operating surgeon first as every surgeon has their own set of post operative instructions designed for their patients. 
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Compression garment is uncomfortable

Compression garments do not change your overall outcome from surgery, but they do greatly reduce the amount and length of post-op swelling. I would defer to your surgeon's advise, but in my practice, I am comfortable with patients switching to Spanx after 4 weeks.

Post Op Garments

Garments are often a necessary burden when you are recovering from cosmetic surgery procedures. They help control swelling, support muscles and maintain implants in their appropriate position.Often 4 weeks is the recommended minimum but in specific cases some garments can be necessary for 6 weeks or more.I would definitely contact your plastic surgical team. Likely you are almost finished with your garments. Best not to risk your result when you are so close to the end!Take care.Dr Nodwell

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment

Thank you for your question.It is important that you consult with your doctor with any questions or concerns you may have, as each surgeon has different post operative protocols. If your doctor recommended you keep the compression garment on longer, then I would definitely listen to his/her advice and keep it on. We recommend keeping the compression garment on for up to 4 weeks for optimal results.
Good luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Uncomfortable compression garment?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Compression garments are recommended by surgeons to limit tissue swelling during recovery.  This affords patients improved comfort.  I would speak to your surgeon about your concerns, at 3.5 weeks you may be a good candidate to transition to a thinner garment such as Spanx.   

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon