Butt implant and tummy tuck at same time?

What are the complications associated with having a tummy tuck and butt implants at once? Also, what is the recommended sleeping position after such a surgery?

Butt Implant and Tummy Tuck at Same Time

Yes, it is possible to combine these surgeries.  The complications aren't really any different than if they were done separately.  I will say that there could be quite a bit of discomfort after this combination.  The recommended sleeping position would be to sleep on your back with your head elevated, and a pillow underneath your lower back and upper thighs to create a "cradle" for your buttocks.  Sleeping on your side is also fine.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Chicago General Surgeon

Implant/fat Butt Aug and TT

The main issue is that it will be painful to lie on your butt or back. However, following a tummy tuck you usually need to remain flexed or bent at the waist and most people recover in the "lounge chair" position. When you can't lie on your back, this is traditionally managed by sleeping on your sides and rotating from side to side by transitioning on your knees "doggy style".

Yes, this can be done at the same time, but special sleeping and resting provisions will need to be made.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Butt Implant and Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. I do not recommend undergoing a tummy tuck and butt augmentation at the same time. While you are recovering from your tummy tuck, you will need to stay bent over, and rest on your back. Alternatively, when recovering from a butt augmentation, you will need to rest on your stomach and be completely off of your butt for three weeks. You won't want to jeopardize either procedure, so I recommend doing them at different times. You should work with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS