My nose is really pointy and large from the side? (Photos)

My nose is really pointy and large from the side. Theres no bump or hump its just large and I want to make it smaller like in the picture I attached. Theres no bump or hump its just large and I want to make it smaller like in the picture I attached. Would that be possible and also could you recommend something that would go with my face and fix my side profile. I like how m nose looks from a front just not the side. Im in the front two pictures and the last picture is a wish pic.

My nose is really pointy and large from the side?

Greetings.

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

Thank you for the question and photos. When choosing a cosmetic procedure, the most important consideration is what matters to you. Therefore, the job of a plastic surgeon is to attend to your concerns as opposed to judging your nose as too pointy or too large. That being said, rhinoplasty can certainly reduce your nose while preserving its original shape and aesthetic. Oftentimes, even slight changes can produce a dramatic effect on appearance, improve your breathing, and fill you with self-confidence.  An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your needs and provide a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Large and point nose

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon for Rhinoplasty to find one who is board certified and specializes in Rhinoplasty to obtain the best results possible.  To fully evaluate your nose, you would need to schedule a consultation with a full facial and nasal exam. However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and could use a reduction. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and small in size. It can be beneficial to seek a practice that offers 3D simulation to get a better idea of your post operative results. At my office we offer our patients Crisalix which provides simulations for cosmetic procedures, such as breast augmentations, rhinoplasty, body contouring, etc by scanning the patient’s face/body and showing them on the screen what their before and afters would like. Best of luck in your endeavors! Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection to make the overall size of your nose smaller.  This is different from merely reducing a dorsal hump.  This surgery can have a great result in the right hands.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had tip de-projection surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

The changes you describe can be achieved with revision rhinoplasty.If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal refinement

You would have to be seen in person to determine what would be best for you to achieve your goals. Best of luck.

Your nose

Thank you for posting your pictures and your question. You can definitely achieve a beautiful profile with rhinoplasty. I think a well-done rhinoplasty could provide a result even better than the dream nose that you imaged. You should see a facial plastic surgeon in consultation as your next step. 

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Fixing your nose

What  you want sounds reasonable, at your in person consultation I would go over all that can be done and what it would entail. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question  As an artist I like using the reshaping techniquewhen performing rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniqueI can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a refined more natural nose. I like to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I Then examine the nose and I write up a detailed operative plan.  I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding, bruising and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique and recovery is quicker. I don't routinely pack the nose. It's not uncommon with some patients to have no bruising after surgery. I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA