Why does my nose look so wrong after tip plasty & alarplasty? Will I need a revision? (Photo)

I had my alars and hanging nostril trimmed and tiplasty harvested from my ear. I am now day 9 since surgery and my nose looks so wrong for my face. It looks bottom heavy and droops downwards and looks too long from profile view. My plastic surgeon said as swelling goes away it will get smaller and the tip will lift up. I'm worried that it won't look much different. I attached my "wish pic" that was shown to the doc. Will i need revision?

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Post tip-plasty and alarplasty concerns

Dear honeyfosho, I personally believe to have attained a result closer to your wish picture a full rhinoplasty would have been required. The nose is a three dimensional object and it is hard to address just the tip without putting the nose out of balance. To have a result close to your desired look the bridge of the nose would require narrowing and a slight reduction on the dorsum as well as the tip refinement and slight shortening of the projection. With that said, you are early  in the recovery phase however it is my belief that you will  not be satisfied with the end result. It is important during consultation to perform digital imaging so that the surgeon can show you the proposed result taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. I would suggest after you allow the healing process to run its course if you are dissatisfied that you seek some secondary opinions from some experts in the field. A copy of your operative report and original pre-operative photographs would be helpful during consultation. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Why does my nose look so wrong after tip plasty & alarplasty? Will I need a revision?

I see your concerns. In order to move closer to your wish pics--you would need a profound volume reduction and major bony narrowing. Then, after that is achieved-address the tip definition. At that point tip augmentation may or may not be helpful-as well as tip rotation upward. So, yes- in my opinion- it appears that revision might be necessary through the closed Rhinoplasty technique

Concerned about appearance after tip plasty & alarplasty?

It is too early to judge anything about the appearance. Finished results will be at least 6 months to a year. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty result

Thank you for the question and you are too early post op to judge your final result.  That said from your wish pictures you would have benefited from a chin augmentation at the time of your surgery and more then just an alar and tipplasty to gain a better result.  If after 3 to 6  months you are still unhappy, go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area that use digital photography and see what can be done to enhance your appearance
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Not meeting wish pic at 9 days.

Too early to tell.I should say that the skin of the nose of your wish pic is much thinner than your skin is thus it might have not been the best goal to have in mind.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD