Micro Needling - "When do you start seeing the results"?

Had my first Micro Needling treatment a couple days ago. When do you start seeing the results. I was told not to do anything to my face for 3 days then apply Lotion P50 1970 by Biologique Recherché and a good Moisturizer. Large pores, acne scars and hyperpigmentation I went in for. Thanks Chris

Does Micro Needling Work?

Hello Acerone,

And, thanks for the question.  Sometimes it's hard to know what treatment is the best ONE to treat ALL of the issues that are bothering you.   The Micropen is just one type of procedure to address these issues but may not be the final "bullet" to reach your goals.

As an example, alternating your treatment with chemical peels and microdermabrasion may yield better and faster results.  And, one treatment of any type will start to the process of improvement but it typically takes several days to see some change and multiple treatment to get the best result!

In good health,

Ellen Mahony, MD

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling results

Microneedling is what we refer to in our office as a 'slow sport', meaning the response to treatment is over time and will require a series of microneedling treatments for optimal results.  Patients are usually underwhelmed after the first couple treatments, but after about three treatments they are seeing the results, pleased with the minimal down time following a treatment and very eager to proceed.  Texture, pore size, fine laxity improve first and fastest.   Deeper lines, acne scars and scars in general take more treatments and more time.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling for acne scars

You should see improved skin texture within a week. For acne scars, you will need several treatments and final outcomes will start appearing at 3 months and will be ongoing beyond 180 days, long the time frame for collagen remodeling. 

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member