How long does a good rhinoplasty results last?

Can it last for a lifetime. I mean 50 to 60 years. I'm in my 40s and will live up to ~97. I'm desperate because I never wanted a rhinoplasty but I need to have one because my nose was botched due to a crime against me. I hope it will be the only time I do a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty results and longevity

I'm sorry to hear about your crime experience.

In general, rhinoplasty results last almost permanently.  But, revisional nose jobs are not uncommon to achieve the desired results.  Also the face changes as we mature, with loss of soft tissue with aging one's nose may appear different.

Rhinoplasty permanency

Once a rhinoplasty is healed, there is little change except that due to aging skin. We consider the results, at a year post op, to essentially be permanent.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

How Long do the Results of a Good Rhinoplasty Last?

Good results last a lifetime. There will be natural changes as we age but the nose will always look better than if the surgery had never been done. Having said that, it is very rare that a patient feels the need for a revision after good surgery.

Rhinoplasty

First, a nose wil change a bit with age. But as far as a rhinoplasty result, it lasts forever with normal changes with age.  Good luck.

It lasts forever

Once you have a good rhinoplasty, the new nose is yours forever. It may change a little over the years, but what you had corrected is fixed. As you age, it may drop a little but that is it, but you do have to give it a year or two post op the fully heal. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear about the events causing you to be unsatisfied with your nasal appearance. Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell whether your nose will change slightly or not due to healing and aging. Healing is often unpredictable and one side my heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. I hope this helps.The goal is to only need to undergo one rhinoplasty surgery but minor procedures may be necessary in the future to touch up certain areas. 

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does A Rhinoplasty Last?

I am sorry there was a crime against you, and I hope that the rhinoplasty will erase any physical reminder of this unfortunate event. A good rhinoplasty should last your lifetime; that is the goal.  Because rhinoplasties change the underlying structure of the nose, there isn't much to "change shape" over time except for the natural aspects of aging.  Please look for a board certified plastic surgeon with much experience in rhinoplasty surgery.  

Greetings

Thank you for your question, 

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Foreever

Nothing lasts forever 

we cannot predict if an individual's nose will need more work as the body and face ages and changes - the aim is to have your result for a lifetime or at least for it to be many years before any small adjustments may be needed . Most well structured modern open rhinoplasties will last a lifetime

How long does a Rhinoplasty last?

A well performed rhinoplasty with sound structure preservation or augmentation should last a lifetime. Long term issues of sidewalk or alar collapse are more likely to get avoided with the use of cartilage grafts. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon