How long after rhinoplasty can I get tear trough filler?

I'm looking into getting a rhinoplasty and know that I won't be able to wear glasses during my recovery. I wear glasses to hide my under eye hollows (genetics + life) and I'm curious how long after the rhinoplasty procedure I could get tear trough fillers?

How Long after Rhinoplasty Can I have Tear troug Fillers

I strongly recommend that you have tear trough fillers just before the rhinoplasty surgery during the same operation. There is no reason to stage these 2 procedures.

Fillers after rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend waiting three months after a rhinoplasty.  You should also ask your primary rhinoplasty surgeon.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tear troughs filler after rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. The time to treat the tear troughs is when you feel they are back to baseline after surgery. This can take a couple of weeks or a couple of months depending on you and the rhinoplasty. When your tear troughs look like your 'before' pictures then you can go ahead. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#fillers with #rhinoplasty

you can get fillers after a rhinoplasty when your swelling has become minimal, this could be from 1 to 3 months, or you can do it before your rhinoplasty, which is possible a better option. Rhinoplasty will not change the appearance of your eyelids, but it will definitively cause swelling of your eyelids in the postoperative period, how much and for how long, it will depend on different factors.

The most important factor in obtaining a good result from your cosmetic procedures is the surgeon you elect to perform then. Be sure you elect a board certified surgeon preferably a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Filler after rhinoplasty

This is a question for your chosen surgeon and depends somewhat on what is actually done during your specific procedure. Basically once all swelling and bruising has resolved, which may take many weeks you should be OK to go ahead with a filler. Of course by then you may be able to wear your glasses. 

Rhinoplasty and tear trough filler

Rhinoplasty is a surgery that has a long recovery period. I would generally recommend my patients wait at least 2 months before thinking about additional features. 

#1. The nose needs adequate time to heal without potential exposure to infection or issues from another procedure.

#2. Rhinoplasty can create swelling in the tear trough area. There is potential to undertreat the tear troughs if the swelling is still present.

Facial fillers can be injected in the office. Each patient is different, so I would ask your rhinoplasty surgeon before proceeding with injections. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon