My face looks different on every side/angle. Will a nose job change that? (Photo)

I am noticing that in every photo i take, I look completely different. I am wondering if my large nose is a big contributor to that. I have been contemplating a nose job for years. My nose is very large at the bottom and I believe it makes me look aggressive. The bottom of it has definitely gotten bigger over the years. I also think my eyes are a little uneven, and I wonder if that has to do with my nose too. Also, if you recommend any surgeons in NYC, please give details below.

Rhinoplasty Can Make Your Face More Symmetrical

While you do not seem to have more than the usual amount of facial asymmetry, a large nose may throw off the balance of the face. Reshaping your nose to be more proportionate and in harmony with your face may be all you need to feel more confident of your natural beauty. I've included before-and-after photos of a teen patient who had rhinoplasty on an asymmetric nose. As for looking different in every photo, a lot of that has to do with lighting and how close you are to the camera's lens. I hope this helps.

Facial assymetry and Rhinopaslty

You do have some asymmetry to your face.   I would not consider it significant at all.  Your nose can be made less conspicuous with a rhinoplasty that decrease the projection (overall size), removes the hump, and refines the tip.  I am not sure that this will change the fact that you see you face as different from different angles.  I do think you will be happier with the appearance of face - it is attractive after all. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Nose looks different from 2 sides

If your nose looks different from 2 sides then either your nose is crooked (most common)  or your face is very asymmetric (less common) or both. A nose job would help with deviation issues as well as size reduction, which would make it look more proportional. Symmetry and size within normal averages correlates with natural results and happy patient outcomes. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Everyone's face is a bit asymmetric and yours is no exception.  A rhinoplasty could improve the look of your nose but will not change the look of your other parts at different angles.  Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the nose and making it more symmetrical and less projecting.  The bulbous tip could be reduced as well, in addition to shaving down the dorsal hump,  with closed rhinoplasty approach with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  For more information and many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for a smaller, less distracting, and more feminine nasal appearance.

Rhinoplasty surgery is well suited for  those with severe dissatisfaction with their nasal appearances, rather than for concerns with facial symmetry. Consider consulting with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you. Thank you. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, eyes

A rhinoplasty would benefit your entire face. I don't think it will help your eyes.You need to make the nose less projecting, raise and narrow the tip., remove any hump, do osteotomies to narrow the bridge, and then you'll have a nose that is balanced and fits your face.On these pictures, I cannot see any definite eye issues.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

It is normal for faces to be asymmetrical and for you to look different in photos from different angles. That said, there is no reason not to seek consultation for a rhinoplasty if you don't like the way your nose looks. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in doing noses. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty with tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a tip de-projection to help make the overall size of your nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD