405cc high profile implants: What cup size?

I'm 5'4 140lbs...thanks

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

450cc HP

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Cup size

The cup size will be influenced by the width of the breast and the volume of current breast tissue.  Often surgeons will have sample implants in the office that you can "try on" to get a feel for how you may look after surgery.  It is best not to focus on a certain cup size as a result, but rather a look that you will be happy with.

Camille Cash, MD

Cup size of 405 cc HP?

Thank you for the question. The increase in cup size depends on how much breast tissue you start with but roughly that volume will give you anywhere between 2- 3 cup sizes bigger  but take into account the sizing of cups by different bra manufacturers and styles. 

Victoria's Secret bras run small and are labeled with larger cup sizes so they are not the norm. 

Good luck with your surgery!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

405 cc hp

Cup size does not correlate with implant volumes too well. It is hard to predict. You can do a baggy test to get a rough idea.

405cc hp breast implants.

Thank you for your question.Estimating cup size is difficult because different manufacturers label cup size of the same bra differently.  A very rough estimate is that it takes 150-200 cc of implant to increase by 1 cup size.  If that figure is correct for you then 405 cc implants should increase you bye 2 cup sizes in the same style and manufacture of bra that you currently wear. after learn more about breast implant sizing please read the link below:

Breast implant size and cup size?

Thank you for the question.  There is no specific/reliable correlation between breast implant size utilized and cup size achieved. For example, the commonly utilized formula of 200 to 250 cc equates to one breast cup size is not accurate in many cases, in my opinion.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” to "too big on me" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Breast Implant Size

That depends. Photos or exam would help, but you have to take into account your breast size without implants. Also, the implant should not be wider than the base diameter of your breast because the implant would then be seen in your arm pit. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD